Love Julius When He's Utilized Correctly

Aikbach

Reaction score
Honestly I hope Dallas keeps both backs for years to come, a dynamic duo that spell each other and compliment one another efficiently and fantastically.

Say what you will but Jones is exciting on screens and draw plays, stellar even, many of his greatest efforts have been negated by the referee's flag this season but when used to his strengths he is in turn one of the team's strengths.

I am on record with my desire to keep him in Dallas for the foreseeable future.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
In all Honesty i have always liked JJ , even though he gets bashed alot on here..I still wanna see the guy back next year.. He started off solid for us today, i think Wade went away though too soon from him..

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
I believe JJ will be awesome this second half of the season, remember guys this 2 backs are fresh unlike many other backs that are running every snap around the NFL.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Somebody said this in the Emmitt Smith thread we had a few days ago. But generally, the platoon back system is the rage. Why not, makes sense to me.

Look, we're 8-1. People always gonna knit pick on this forum. We could win the SB and there would be people crying about Bobby Carpenter not contributing. I can dig it. If Julius carries 10 times for 50 yards, I'll take it. We won. Ive noticed it's a team mentality thing this year.

dannyz

Reaction score
Julius did look good today. That first run was just such a great way to start the day. I hope he can keep it up because he has such great speed when he gets loose. I just think sometimes he doesn't explode off a block or out of the backfield enough

alancdc

Reaction score
Aikbach;1760067 said:
Honestly I hope Dallas keeps both backs for years to come, a dynamic duo that spell each other and compliment one another efficiently and fantastically.

Say what you will but Jones is exciting on screens and draw plays, stellar even, many of his greatest efforts have been negated by the referee's flag this season but when used to his strengths he is in turn one of the team's strengths.

I am on record with my desire to keep him in Dallas for the foreseeable future.

He ran it really effectively yesterday. I'm ok with that was well.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Being HOnest...JJ played much better then Barber today. BArber looked sluggish out there.

Gotta go with the hot hand no matter what...

superpunk

Reaction score
Julius is capable of playing well in spots.

You can't let yesterday's "shiny object" syndrome crowd out three years of mediocrity, weak running, and poor vision, though.

They are very nice complements. But if we can upgrade the position, I'm all for telling Julius to hit the road. I've seen enough running up the linemen's back to last a few years without him. But, if we can't, and we stick with him and Barber and draft some corners and wideouts, well that's not the worst thing in the world.

Woods

Reaction score
superpunk;1760166 said:

You can't let yesterday's "shiny object" syndrome crowd out three years of mediocrity, weak running, and poor vision, though.

They are very nice complements. But if we can upgrade the position, I'm all for telling Julius to hit the road. I've seen enough running up the linemen's back to last a few years without him. But, if we can't, and we stick with him and Barber and draft some corners and wideouts, well that's not the worst thing in the world.

Ditto. If we can upgrade, fine. But if not, I'd re-sign him and get another WR and top CB. And let's keep adding to depth/competition on our OL.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
superpunk;1760166 said:

After watching today's game, I've kind of come around on the McFadden deal. If we can somehow get up to get him, I'd be for it.

This sounds silly, but it feels "inefficient" to use two backs. Let me explain. We're doing well with Julius today and if he's our only back, he gets the vast majority of the carries, most likely gets into a rhythm, and our running game might very well have ended up being more successful today.

Barber is the same way in the other weeks this season. We go away from the hot hand too often for my liking. I know the whole "if it's not broke don't fix it" approach, but a stud RB who will always be the "hot hand" is preferable to me.

If we can't though, what we have now is obviously working. Just thinking out loud. :)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
superpunk;1760166 said:

:hammer:

dwmyers

Reaction score
Ozzu;1760180 said:
After watching today's game, I've kind of come around on the McFadden deal. If we can somehow get up to get him, I'd be for it.

This sounds silly, but it feels "inefficient" to use two backs.

Your feelings don't count. There is more than enough evidence that running a back too much ruins him. Sean Alexander isn't worth what he was because the Seahawks ran him too much. And one year after Stephen Jackson's great year, he's injury prone.

Well duh.

David.