Loyalty

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Where the heck is it?

"Julius can't make anyone miss."

"Bledsoe shouldn't be our starter."

"Flozell is never going to be a good left tackle."

I'm assuming most of us WANT the Cowboys to do well. You realize how much work these guys put in to play this game? How much they bust their butts to win? For us? For the fans.

You see one game and you want someone to replace them. You have no loyalty to YOUR Dallas Cowboys.

Gone are the days where Staubach or Aikman were the unquestioned starters, no matter what kind of game they played the previous week. Or Dorsett or Smith or Walker could have a mediocre game, but it was no doubt that they'd start the next game.

Give the 'Boys a chance. Shut up, and be loyal to your team and your players for once.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Sorry to say, but it went out the window with free agency and the salary cap. Now it's a win now or get out business

Another reason to abolish the cap

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Why do we owe any of these players loyalty? Bledsoe is a hired gun, maybe if he even led this team to the playoffs, I could understand the call for loyalty. Flozell should get some respect for how long he has been here, but that doesnt excuse a stinker of a performance.

Im not going to even explain to you why these players are different and should be treated different than players like Roger, Troy or Emmitt.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Why do we owe any of these players loyalty? Bledsoe is a hired gun, maybe if he even led this team to the playoffs, I could understand the call for loyalty. Flozell should get some respect for how long he has been here, but that doesnt excuse a stinker of a performance.

Im not going to even explain to you why these players are different and should be treated different than players like Roger, Troy or Emmitt.

You just proved me right. Why does it matter how we got them? They wear the Star on their helmet. They're Dallas Cowboys. They play for your team.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Sir.... I would dare say that every person on this board is loyal to this team.

The posters here spend many hours a day reading and talking Cowboys.

So some may be fickle, some may be brash, some may criticize.......if they did none of those things they wouldn't care. Then and only then do you have disloyalty.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
MikeCowboy3189 said:
You just proved me right. Why does it matter how we got them? They wear the Star on their helmet. They're Dallas Cowboys. They play for your team.

And that means we are just supposed to ignore horrible performances?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I understand Flozell Adams and Julius Jones, but....

Why should I have loyalty to Bledsoe? He's a hired gun who has failed at his last two teams, and is only here because Bill Parcells is our coach. I have more loyalty for the homegrown talent in Romo who has a chance to start and end his career as a Dallas Cowboy.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:

So some may be fickle, some may be brash, some may criticize.......if they did none of those things they wouldn't care. Then and only then do you have disloyalty.

I never said we aren't loyal to the team. I don't doubt that.

It's the players they're not loyal to.

TruBlueCowboy said:
Why should I have loyalty to Bledsoe? He's a hired gun who has failed at his last two teams, and is only here because Bill Parcells is our coach. I have more loyalty for the homegrown talent in Romo who has a chance to start and end his career as a Dallas Cowboy.

Charles Haley was a hired gun. Deion Sanders. Jay Novacheck.

All free agents.

Do you not have the same loyalty for them because they weren't homegrown Cowboys?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Haley, Sanders, Novachek actually accomplished something for this organization. Do you not recognize the difference between players that have been key parts of Super Bowl teams and.................Drew Bledsoe?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
MikeCowboy3189 said:
Charles Haley was a hired gun. Deion Sanders. Jay Novacheck.

All free agents.

Do you not have the same loyalty for them because they weren't homegrown Cowboys?

Since you ask, no, I don't think any Cowboys fans felt loyalty to Deion Sanders. It was a "don't let the door hit ya" situation when he left. Novacek was a different situation. He didn't really get solid minutes until the Cowboys.

Haley would be the only example, but even he is closer to TO than Bledsoe. Bledsoe is a cast-off hooking up with an old coach. Haley was in his prime, a bonafide all pro, he just couldn't get along with his coach. Same as TO.

ghst187

Reaction score
so i guess we should all be sheepish fans...would hate to hurt the players' feelings. Esp since they play for us...

this may be the worst thread ever.

Guess I'm not really a fan though if I question anything we do. I should probably not question this thread either or I might not be a "real" fan.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:

Some of us older fans have been loyal to our team for a long long time. right pops?

doomsday81

Reaction score
MikeCowboy3189 said:
Where the heck is it?

"Julius can't make anyone miss."

"Bledsoe shouldn't be our starter."

"Flozell is never going to be a good left tackle."

I'm assuming most of us WANT the Cowboys to do well. You realize how much work these guys put in to play this game? How much they bust their butts to win? For us? For the fans.

You see one game and you want someone to replace them. You have no loyalty to YOUR Dallas Cowboys.

Gone are the days where Staubach or Aikman were the unquestioned starters, no matter what kind of game they played the previous week. Or Dorsett or Smith or Walker could have a mediocre game, but it was no doubt that they'd start the next game.

Give the 'Boys a chance. Shut up, and be loyal to your team and your players for once.

This guy is still waiting for Quincy Carter to break out. Who cares if they work hard? Fans are allowed to give their opinions. As a matter of fact, I believe that is what this outlet was made for so do everyone a favor: Get off your soap box and shut up.