Twitter: LVE: Defense Full of Leaders

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't sense it as a personality thing. More of a playing time and contract issue.

When your 5th best LB is making $7+M, it's a problem. And with a $9+M guillotine hanging over your head for next year, it's time to move on
He had a degenerative knee condition....this was all about money...I don't think the locker room was a problem.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I don't sense it as a personality thing. More of a playing time and contract issue.

When your 5th best LB is making $7+M, it's a problem. And with a $9+M guillotine hanging over your head for next year, it's time to move on
Maybe but I bet jaylon and Micah would’ve had some sort of blow up somewhere over the next season or 2. They got out ahead of it. I wonder where 90 and 55 sit with the dogg

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I sense personality conflict between 9 and 11. Joneses got this one right

Prolly more likely Jaylon either bucked up to DQ or he was openly pouting about lack of playing time. The rumors are out there.

Sometimes you have to surgically remove the cancer because chemo is just too slow!

Carson

Reaction score

100% facts. Cut and dry

We didn’t cut him before as we didn’t know the LB room would be this deep. Plus the guaranteed contract makes the decision easy

links18

Reaction score
You don't cut someone you have (dumbly) built up as a team leader for no obvious reason at the moment he was cut without it having a lockerroom effect--positive or negative remains to be seen.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Jaylon has always been about Jaylon, he got his money so he is happy. I liked the pick, and like the guy, but hate the player

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones caused the problem and his son Stephen who gets all the praise for negotiating contracts. What the heck happen here.

Not saying Jaylon Smith was worth $9M (I wanted the Cowboys to draft Myles Jack). But what is $9M to a team worth $5B. If you kept through the offseason, training camp, and preseason, you do not cause the distraction to your team before a division rivalry game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jaylon was a progress stopper, with Cox awaiting his turn to start. Here's a chance to start now, with Jaylon gone. (Clear-eyed view.) :grin:
You just don't block players like him with that kind of talent. We can be certain that the FO was advised of that and it was undertaken. :flagwave:

Last edited: