Madden talking T-New

thescarface1989

Reaction score
I'm glad Madden put T-New on the player of the game thing, hopefully he will earn more respect from the media and the NFL.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
thescarface1989 said:
I'm glad Madden put T-New on the player of the game thing, hopefully he will earn more respect from the media and the NFL.

Ok that answers my question (other thread).

That's who I predicted he'd put on there.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Which writer was it that said that in order for a corner to get respect from fans/media, Madden has to gush about him? That may get him some overdue probowl consideration.

ddh33

Reaction score
Newman earned that praise tonight. He played a heck of a game. I do hope that this is the season where he gets the credit he deserves.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Rack said:

Newman and Roy were both put on there..

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
He's now gone 21 straight games without allowing a TD catch.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I'm glad Madden is giving him his props. Madden has always had a big voice in getting people voted to the Pro Bowl for some reason. Maybe T-New will get his due now.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

When Roy Williams made that interception, I thought about what you said, "Roy seems to make plays at critical times." :D

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
When Roy Williams made that interception, I thought about what you said, "Roy seems to make plays at critical times."

Yep, another turnover inside the red zone for Roy.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rack said:

I figured it would be Brett Favre...

trueblue1687

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

I'm glad you posted that. I heard the dork Solomon Wilcott (sp) on Sirius one day telling a caller that he was a liability and constantly got torched:rolleyes: . I wanted to call and compare T-news stats to Wilcotts two career INTs. Newman just keeps getting better and better imo.

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
Yea, did anyone notice every time Brunell dropped back he would instantly look at the offense's left (away from Newman's side). I dont think I ever saw him make his first read to Newman's side.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I would rather have TNew than Deion.

He is just as good at corner, not as good as a return man, but a much better tackler.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I would rather have TNew than Deion.

He is just as good at corner, not as good as a return man, but a much better tackler.

I love the optimism, but lets be realistic. Deion was the most explosive, game changing corner to ever play.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Future 585 said:
I love the optimism, but lets be realistic. Deion was the most explosive, game changing corner to ever play.
I hear ya, and I don't necesarily disagree, but that doesn't change the fact that I like having a corner that tackles.