Madden was right, Cowboys D is the best thing this preseason

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Not a SINGLE first down from New Orleans yet.

If the Cowboys shut down ANOTHER preseason opponent, staters vs. starters, backups vs. backups, you gotta believe we are in great shape to be the #1 defense this year.

kilz

Reaction score
I don't know...after a half like this...it could be Bledsoe.;)

bobtheflob

Reaction score
And it's been against 2 good offenses too. Seattle was one of the best in the league last year and New Orleans with Brees and Bush should be at least above average.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
kilz said:
I don't know...after a half like this...it could be Bledsoe.;)

I say this in the fairest way possible.... :p: ..... Bledsoe has made some good throws, but you gotta give it to our receivers. Some great catches all game. First Glenn, then Rector, and now Hurd. Please Bill, don't put these guys on the practice squad! Someone will grab them!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
And it's been against 2 good offenses too. Seattle was one of the best in the league last year and New Orleans with Brees and Bush should be at least above average.

Yup, and their starters playing too. Cowboys D is going to be mighty impressive this year.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I bet we're just getting tired now. Our guys are coming from 65 degrees to 102. Their guys are used to it. Another week or two in the heat and the guys will be adjusted to it.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Ware is a beast.

Little flair pass to Bush in the flats and Ware tackles him one on one for a 1 yard gain.

Ware shakes his head after the tackle and says"Son...you gotta do better than this.":starspin

scottsp

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I say this in the fairest way possible.... :p: ..... Bledsoe has made some good throws, but you gotta give it to our receivers. Some great catches all game. First Glenn, then Rector, and now Hurd. Please Bill, don't put these guys on the practice squad! Someone will grab them!

I agree. What I like is both QBs have been allowing the wideouts to make plays on the ball. Last week, throwing to the back shoulder when the corner had no vision of the ball and committed. That's just smart football, IMO.

Same with Drew tonight. Good, smart throws with no risk of turning it over. The receivers have just been doing a very good job of making plays, particularly Hurd, Glenn, and Rector.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
J-DOG said:
Ware is a beast.

Little flair pass to Bush in the flats and Ware tackles him one on one for a 1 yard gain.

Ware shakes his head after the tackle and says"Son...you gotta do better than this.":starspin

My favorite play of the 1st half.