Madison Ohio Earthquake

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have a felt a few here in Oklahoma, had a couple that were in the 5.5 range which given the area is very decent. Pretty sure hydraulic fracking is to blame.

Maybe, I'm not sure if we do that here in Cleveland. Either way. It's certainly surprising to find that we get earthquakes in Ohio.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
We had one in Boise about 3 years ago. It was a 6.5 with the epicenter about 73 miles north of Boise. I was in the drive-thru getting dinner and I actually thought my truck was running rough at first. I kept looking down at my RPMs, seeing they where normal, and wondering what was going on. Then I finally put it all together. lol

Idaho is actually ranked 5th in the nation for highest risk of earthquakes.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had one a few years ago. I tho it was an explosion but did not hear a boom. Later it was reported to have been an earthquake. Do not recall having one before that here in WV.
WV has had a Widespread fracking activities for gas. Some speculate that ig had something to do with the earthquake. I do not know but we have a couple more since.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We had one in Boise about 3 years ago. It was a 6.5 with the epicenter about 73 miles north of Boise. I was in the drive-thru getting dinner and I actually thought my truck was running rough at first. I kept looking down at my RPMs, seeing they where normal, and wondering what was going on. Then I finally put it all together. lol

Idaho is actually ranked 5th in the nation for highest risk of earthquakes.

My goodness, that'd be scary. Actually, the person who made my suit lives in the Boise area. The thing is, I didn't even know we got earthquakes until last night haha.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
We've had a few here in northern New England over the decades. One time I woke up thinking about the weird dream I had about an earthquake to later find everyone talking about the earthquake we had.

Another time I was alone in my apartment playing guitar with the amp cranked. I looked up to see actual waves going back and forth in the 20 gallon aquarium. I knew this amp cranked, but I didn't think it could cause that. Turns out I was right.

Maybe the coolest earth shaking event I witnessed was a cryoseism or ice-quake. If you've ever been on a frozen lake you've probably experienced a very similar thing. Expanding ice exerts pressure causing cracks and shifting of the ice you can hear and feel.

Now picture an unseasonably warm stretch with heavy rain followed by a very sudden drop to frigid temperatures, freezing all that water still in the surface layer. I've only experienced this once on land but the resulting quake woke me up from a dead sleep in the middle of the night and caused more damage state wide than any earthquake in my lifetime.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We've had them here in NJ from time to time. Usually small, under 3.0 on the Richter scale.

Sure, but it's strange when it happens in a place like NJ or Ohio when such places are not really known for earthquakes.