News: Mailbag: Concerns With Myles Jack?

CCBoy

Reaction score
LAWRENCE MOORE
ST. CHARLES, MO

If the No. 1 priority when picking fourth in the draft is to get a difference-maker why does Myles Jack no longer fit the bill? He actually may be able to impact the defense more than any other defender in the draft.

Bryan: You have the player correct but there are some medical concerns that we have learned about while attending the Combine. If those happen to clear for his Pro Day and during the medical rechecks in April – he needs to be in the discussion.

David: I’ve watched tape on every candidate for the No. 4 overall pick, and Myles Jack was by far my favorite. So I get your frustration. But in my opinion, drafting fourth overall is about minimizing the risk of a bust, and Jack’s knee issues really scare me. He’s got another month to prove to teams that he’s a safe bet, so we’ll see how it goes. But the injury concerns are why you’re hearing people downplay him....

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/03/25/mailbag-concerns-myles-jack-thoughts-new-touchback-rule

Does anyone have some legitimate insight as to the knee condition or current information on Jack?

First appearance reminds me of Sean Lee, but with even more talent potential.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If a guy can have a 40 inch vertical during his pro day...how bad can his knee be? I think it's all a smoke screen....He doesn't want to go to Tennesee, Cleveland or San Diego....all 3-4 teams. IMO Dallas is where he wants to go.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey, CB/FS, Florida State. His proponents in the Cowboys' fan base are legion, and vocal. The biggest problem is that he is main competitor for Tunsil as the best overall talent in the draft, and it is very likely he is gone before Dallas ever goes on the clock. Additionally, the sense is that the Cowboys would draft him primarily as a safety, and that is a position that is seen as not really one you use a premium pick on. This is the same argument used to dismiss the idea of taking a running back at four, but is seldom mentioned, certainly not as vociferously as the running back objection.

Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA. He is recovering from a knee injury, and there are some hints that Dallas may be a bit worried about that. He would basically be competing with Sean Lee for a starting job, which makes him a very expensive backup at four. And linebacker is another position that is not seen as a good fit for a premium pick, which is to say it is not one of the "money five" (QB, edge rusher, blindside pass protector, WR, and CB).

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...ne-a-good-pick-at-four-jalen-ramsey-joey-bosa