Mama said there'd be days like this but Jason would save us; Stew's way over his head

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
But mama was fresh out of rehab when she tolt me that.

Mama, today Jason Garrett could not come to the rescue of the defense, as usual. And now we know what a liability Stew couldl be for the rest of the season.

Clearly, Jerra, you have amassed a great roll call of defensive athletes.
But I've never seen a DC like Stew do so little with so much.

Jerra, Wade, somebody. Get Stew to work with the line, special teams, somwhere. He is turning into the little engine that couldn't.
This team deserves better. We're stocked at all positions yet Stew just has this defense playing on news clippings, playing uninspired. Playing under prepared. At home.

O, Jerra, you need to shake up the defense cause Jason will not always be able to answer the call like today. Even the greats have an off day and Jason and Romo had one today.

Git out, Stew. Your on-the-job training needs to end!:(

ilovejerry

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2294186 said:

Mama, today Jason Garrett could not come to the rescue of the defense, as usual. And now we know what a liability Stew couldl be for the rest of the season.

Jerra, Wade, somebody. Get Stew to work with the line, special teams, somwhere. He is turning into the little engine that couldn't.
This team deserves better. We're stocked at all positions yet Stew just has this defense playing on news clippings, playing uninspired. Playing under prepared. At home.

O, Jerra, you need to shake up the defense cause Jason will not always be able to answer the call like today. Even the greats have an off day and Jason and Romo had one today.

Bring back ZIM :rolleyes:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2294186 said:

Say what you will about the defense (it wasn't good), but Garrett's offensive play-calling cost us the game today. 11 rushing attempts and no touches for Felix??????? Just pitiful.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2294479 said:
Say what you will about the defense (it wasn't good), but Garrett's offensive play-calling cost us the game today. 11 rushing attempts and no touches for Felix??????? Just pitiful.

We abandon the run game way too easily. It's maddening to watch.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah, shoot the messenger.

I don't care. It has consistently been the defense giving up big plays but who knew Jason's offense could be its crutch when it gave up too many points or big plays.

Harumph. Man, did Wade not prepare the team or did Stew really blow it?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2294479 said:

No, it didn't.

Get a freakin' clue.

:rolleyes:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2294579 said:
Yeah, shoot the messenger.

I don't care. It has consistently been the defense giving up big plays but who knew Jason's offense could be its crutch when it gave up too many points or big plays.

Harumph. Man, did Wade not prepare the team or did Stew really blow it?

Million dollar question. I posed a similar one earlier.

With a myriad first round picks and lucrative contracts committed to this defense, the team should be expecting much better and much more consistent defensive performances than it's currently getting.

It's very disappointing.