Manny Lawson notes

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mr Cowboy said:
Sounds like one ot the best prospects out there, and today on ESPN, I heard Kiper mention that he is a second round prospect. He is also a punt/kick blocker and great special teams player.

Kiper had Ware as an early second, too.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Summer is Funner
I think O'Callaghan might be a better pick in the 2nd round than McNeil. His back problems are begginging to scare me a little bit. I also think that we can get a better guard than reciever in the 3rd. This year's reciever class is weak, and we might be better off getting a reciever next year. I do have to agree with your Lawson pick. You got me drinking the Lawson kool-aid.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Summer is Funner
I think O'Callaghan might be a better pick in the 2nd round than McNeil. His back problems are begginging to scare me a little bit. I also think that we can get a better guard than reciever in the 3rd. This year's reciever class is weak, and we might be better off getting a reciever next year. I do have to agree with your Lawson pick. You got me drinking the Lawson kool-aid.

I really like O'Cally, but dont' believe he deserves a 2nd round grade, cuz his potential to play both the left and right side isn't as great as McNeil's, and like McNeil, O'Cally has some durability questions of his own, as he's had both his shoulders operated on, so both guys will have to be checked out, but neither are complaining of those problems and feel fine

I wouldn't be opposed to taking Pitt OG Charles Spencer in the 3rd, and taking someone like Oregon WR Demetrius Williams, or BYU Todd Watkins in the 5th round

hehe, Lawson's looking pretty good right now

neosapien23

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I really like O'Cally, but dont' believe he deserves a 2nd round grade, cuz his potential to play both the left and right side isn't as great as McNeil's, and like McNeil, O'Cally has some durability questions of his own, as he's had both his shoulders operated on, both will have to be checked out, but neither are complaining of those problems and feel fine

I wouldn't be opposed to taking Pitt OG Charles Spencer in the 3rd, and taking someone like Oregon WR Demetrius Williams, or BYU Todd Watkins in the 5th round

hehe, Lawson's looking pretty good right now

Two seperate operations? I think Spencer might be a 2nd round pick. He is outplaying both Lutui and Guilles. Spencer is raising his draft stock and Guilles is hurting his by weighing so much.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Two seperate operations? I think Spencer might be a 2nd round pick. He is outplaying both Lutui and Guilles. Spencer is raising his draft stock and Guilles is hurting his by weighing so much.

go to NFLDraftCountdown, and click on his bio

I haven't seen much of the OGs, so I'll take your word, Lutui or Guilles would be fine too

neosapien23

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
go to NFLDraftCountdown, and click on his bio

I haven't seen much of the OGs, so I'll take your word, Lutui or Guilles would be fine too

Looked up O'Callaghan. He sounds alot like Pettitti did in college. Not sure if we should take him. He also has problems with speed rushers but is extremely strong. What round do you think Watson will go in?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Looked up O'Callaghan. He sounds alot like Pettitti did in college. Not sure if we should take him. He also has problems with speed rushers but is extremely strong. What round do you think Watson will go in?

early 2nd, he wont' do enough in offseason workouts to justify underachieving in college

neosapien23

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
early 2nd, he wont' do enough in offseason workouts to justify underachieving in college

Yeah, he is tearing up the Senior Bowl. Makes you wonder why he didn't dominate at Michigan. I wouldn't mind drafting Lawson and then Watson if we can sign both Bentley and Barry.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Yeah, he is tearing up the Senior Bowl. Makes you wonder why he didn't dominate at Michigan. I wouldn't mind drafting Lawson and then Watson if we can sign both Bentley and Barry.

I doubt Bentley even hits the market, and we could use that 2nd better, such as getting someone who could start for us

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
We sure could use this guy, but we might have more pressing needs.....LB, FS, OL?

burmafrd

Reaction score
saw a blurb yesterday that some NFL scouts questions Spencers ability to pick up offensive schemes- sounds like maybe another Gurode in that he does not seem to be able to grasp the mental aspect while being a fearsome physical presence.

jimmy40

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Considering many would love for us to take McNeil if he is available it doesn't say much that a 240 lb guy was able to bullrush him into the backfield. It does say a lot for Lawson though.
Even Larry Allen gets bullrushed every now and then, happens to everybody.