Manny Lawson

JonCJG

Reaction score
for those on the board wanting him badly, sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt he will be on the board when we pick. I think he will be taken either at #12 by the Browns or in a trade up by N.E. I will go with the latter right now.

http://www.gbnreport.com/trades.htm
http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/NE

N.E. has an extra 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounders plus they have next to nothing at OLB strong or weakside. They need a pass rushing OLB and Lawson might be the best in this draft. He has the highest ceiling, potential wise anyways.

Manster68

Reaction score
123456 said:
for those on the board wanting him badly, sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt he will be on the board when we pick. I think he will be taken either at #12 by the Browns or in a trade up by N.E. I will go with the latter right now.

N.E. has an extra 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounders plus they have next to nothing at OLB strong or weakside. They need a pass rushing OLB and Lawson might be the best in this draft. He has the highest ceiling, potential wise anyways.

I'm not sure the Browns will still go after him seeing how they have McGinest.

What concerns me more is Miami, as Lawson looks like a Jason Taylor clone.

Denver at #15 concerns me also.

JonCJG

Reaction score
I think Denver will go either Jackson or Holmes at this point. They need a #1 WR for the future bad.

Browns, maybe not because this is a deep LB draft.

Miami, hope not. But Jason Taylor is 32 and slowing down.

No mock drafts just traded picks info Hostile.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Manster68 said:
I'm not sure the Browns will still go after him seeing how they have McGinest.

What concerns me more is Miami, as Lawson looks like a Jason Taylor clone.

Denver at #15 concerns me also.

What? McGinest is 200 years old. Having him on the team will have ZERO effect on whether or not they draft Lawson.

Not to mention they don't even play the same position. As a LB, Lawson will play the weakside (unless Dallas gets him, then who knows). McGinest is a Strong side LB.

I think the Browns will either draft Lawson or Ngata.

Justis

Reaction score
yeah I think I'll take my chances in real life. Last year people were selling Derrick Johnson as a top 5 pick in their mocks.

ghst187

Reaction score
LB's aren't quite as important in a 4-3 as they are in a 3-4. That's why LB's tend to slide on draft day. Lawson could go anywhere. I don't think Denver will draft defense. Of the positions that get a big run in round one, LB usually isn't one of them.
I wish you'd stop bursting our dreams BTW. ha
But seriously, so Lawson is gone, I'm almost just as happy with Carpenter, or worst case scenario, a trade down and grabbing Wimbley and an extra pick.

Overall, we have outstanding chances of getting great players at the positions we need most glaringly: LB and FS, in any round on day 1.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I wouldn't cry if we drafted Carpenter, I would love it. My first choice is Lawson, but if we got Carpenter, we will be one big mean tackling machine of a defense.

Reaction score
It's really hard to tell which direction Dallas will go because they definitely need a young stud offensive tackle and a stud OLB to pair with Ware because I have a feeling Burnett isn't that guy. Of course we all know the FS issue. :rolleyes:

Manster68

Reaction score
Rack said:
What? McGinest is 200 years old. Having him on the team will have ZERO effect on whether or not they draft Lawson.

Not to mention they don't even play the same position. As a LB, Lawson will play the weakside (unless Dallas gets him, then who knows). McGinest is a Strong side LB.

I think the Browns will either draft Lawson or Ngata.

****** Rack, will you stop using logic!!!

You're killing me!

Hopefully, Cleveland will lower their linebacker priority and go somewhere else with that #12 pick.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Manster68 said:
****** Rack, will you stop using logic!!!

You're killing me!

Hopefully, Cleveland will lower their linebacker priority and go somewhere else with that #12 pick.

Well, Ted Washington is like 400 years old so they may want to draft Ngata instead.

Personally, I'd go with Ngata. Washington can't have more then a season left in him, if that.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Bill collects Lbers, I think Kamerion Wimbley is a better fit at the 3/4 OLB spot than Lawson for Parcels and we could trade down and still land him.

AmericasTeam

Reaction score
I think the Browns will select Ngata or Bunkley, depending on which one is still on the board.

Woods

Reaction score
Putting stats and measurables aside, among Lawson, Carpenter, and Wembley, who has the best INSTINCTS to play OLB in a 3-4, in your opinions?

Dat didn't have the prototype measurables, but he had very good instincts and fast reaction times as a result.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I really doubt he will be there also...I think if we stay at 18 Justice will most likely be BPA

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Rack said:
Well, Ted Washington is like 400 years old so they may want to draft Ngata instead.

Personally, I'd go with Ngata. Washington can't have more then a season left in him, if that.

Hey, nothing like experience !

Anyhow, just kidding...Ted would just eat up a roster spot. Back 4 years ago we didn't have to worry about roster spots...But when you inject your team with youthful talent, that you don't want to lose...Signing a vet like Washington means we would have to cut a young talent.

Its a nice thing to worry about for a change.

dallasfan

Reaction score
123456 said:

Did I miss something or doesn't New England still have Rosevelt Colvin and Mike Vrable? I think they need another ILB, not an OLB.

Manster68

Reaction score
Rack said:

Right now, I don't see Ngata exiting the top ten. Stranger things have happened though.