Twitter: Marinelli's Rushmen Nicknames

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
So considering how dark skinned Ware is, if we put him at the nose and he grew 3 inches that'll make him..............

Black mamba

erod

Reaction score
Your childhood pet's name and the street you grew up on. That's your screen name, right?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...cock-big-daddy-long-arms-and-bricklayer.html/

Hatcher's view.

More importantly, what about Hayden being called Golden Cock?

“He’s the only white guy,” Hatcher said. “You ever seen the Fearsome Four? Nick is the only white guy.”

Does he like that nickname?

“Oh yeah,” Hatcher said. “The Golden Cock, that’s a sweet name, the Golden Cock.”

Marinelli also incorporates the nicknames into the notes he leaves on their lockers.

On Wednesday, Selvie’s note said: “Bricklayer, I’d like to introduce you to a ball! Now go get it!”

Selvie said that sign was to remind him that Marinelli not only wants sacks, but he wants forced fumbles.

All of these notes include a drawing of what looks to be a small bird. Hatcher said the bird’s name is “Rush.”

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Honestly, I could have probably gone the entire season without hearing the phrase "golden cock" and been just fine.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...cock-big-daddy-long-arms-and-bricklayer.html/

Hatcher's view.

More importantly, what about Hayden being called Golden Cock?

“He’s the only white guy,” Hatcher said. “You ever seen the Fearsome Four? Nick is the only white guy.”

Does he like that nickname?

“Oh yeah,” Hatcher said. “The Golden Cock, that’s a sweet name, the Golden Cock.”

Marinelli also incorporates the nicknames into the notes he leaves on their lockers.

On Wednesday, Selvie’s note said: “Bricklayer, I’d like to introduce you to a ball! Now go get it!”

Selvie said that sign was to remind him that Marinelli not only wants sacks, but he wants forced fumbles.

All of these notes include a drawing of what looks to be a small bird. Hatcher said the bird’s name is “Rush.”

I am loving Marinelli and his creative incentives. Nicknames, notes, good natured (but loud and sometimes profane) badinage - I have not been this excited over a coach since Jimmy! :D

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
LMAO! The silly nicknames were worth it just to see some of the reactions in this thread. Priceless.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Rod Marinelli is at it again... this time giving out nicknames to his four starting defensive lineman as Anthony Spencer heads to IR. The group has been named the "Fearsome Four" but the individual names are as follows"

Jason Hatcher - Big Daddy
Demarcus Ware Long Arms
George Selvie - Bricklayer
Nick Hayden - The Golden Cock

I think this is pretty cool, the guys are having fun with it and they have done a hell of a job with Spencer and Ratliff out. More details on the names in the link below.

More: http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...cock-big-daddy-long-arms-and-bricklayer.html/

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow, this is the fist time I have heard about this!

j/k