Marion Barber:One of the five best backs in the nfl?

Reaction score
Just heard Sean Salisbury make that comment on nfl live.Wow,i had no idea Marion was so well thought of.Is that a fair statement or is that a little to much love?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In terms of how he produces when he gets his opportunities, I don't see how you can argue he doesn't belong in the conversation about the best backs in the league.

playmakers

Reaction score
You have

1a Tomilson 1b Peterson

Westbrook is good
Addi
Barbar
Lynch
Macghee
Johnson
Maybe Reggie Bush {Remember he fills up a stat sheet}
Jones Drew

Out of that bunch pick 5 because thats who I think is te best in the league now.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
playmakers;1753243 said:
You have

1a Tomilson 1b Peterson

Westbrook is good
Addi
Barbar
Lynch
Macghee
Johnson
Maybe Reggie Bush {Remember he fills up a stat sheet}
Jones Drew

Out of that bunch pick 5 because thats who I think is te best in the league now.
that's pretty good.. i think you still have to discuss Clinton Portis, Steven Jackson and Ronnie Brown even though he's hurt.. and you forgot Willie Parker..

you're right though, AD and LT are heads and shoulders above everyone else right now.. I think that MBIII is in the top five though.. you can make the argument, that's for sure..

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I don't think you can leave him out of the top 5. you got LT and Peterson as the two undisputed best backs and then it's up to you. I would say Barber, Addai and Bush (now that the Saints are using him correctly).

DeepBleu

Reaction score
keeping on calling barber one of the best there is, and watch him sign with another team as free agent. he'll watch to be paid on potential.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I think he has done well, but I believe top 5 is a bit too high since he isn't even the starter here, and it is really unpredictable what would happen if that role changed. You would have to put LT, AP, SJack, Brown, and Addai ahead of him excluding current injuries. But the numbers Barber has put up are hard for anyone to ignore.

He is great in his current role cause of his physical brand of running is tough on a tired defense late in the game when he is still fresh from not getting alot of early carries. I believe he is best served in his current role, and want him fresh for the end of the game with his punishing running style for this current team.

Next year, I would love to have that feature back for the first half, and still unleash the energy of Barber in his current role in the second half (although maybe a little less carries).

playmakers

Reaction score
We got the best owner in football when it comes to keeping our players. Marion isnt going anywhere, either is Romo, Witten, Newman, etc etc.