Mariucci exposes TO's problem

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2299460 said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b3cc6c

This video is all the proof we need that - 1. Garrett did not run the ball enough and cowered 2. That Roy Williams is needed as a legit #2.
I predict that no one cares about this, they only want to see the bad in TO.

What TO was saying, was that when he's in single coverage, you have to look to his side first and he's right, but when he's being doubled, then obviously you have to look elsewhere.

Problem is, Romo's accuracy has been off lately, yes he does hit the big play, but out of 4 passes, 2 of them are off the mark, that's bad but correctable.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Clove;2299748 said:
I predict that no one cares about this, they only want to see the bad in TO.

What TO was saying, was that when he's in single coverage, you have to look to his side first and he's right, but when he's being doubled, then obviously you have to look elsewhere.

Problem is, Romo's accuracy has been off lately, yes he does hit the big play, but out of 4 passes, 2 of them are off the mark, that's bad but correctable.

TD and Mooch didn't say anything terrible about him, really. In the end, they gave him his props, but all they did was give pointers on how to stop him-no different from other players in this league.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Boysboy;2299758 said:
TD and Mooch didn't say anything terrible about him, really. In the end, they gave him his props, but all they did was give pointers on how to stop him-no different from other players in this league.
I'm saying that what they said was absolutely true. The guy is being double teamed, the corners can be aggressive and jump routes because they won't pay the ultimate price if they do with help behind them.

So some people think he was complaining cause Tony didn't throw him the ball when he was doubled. TO was simply saying that the times it was obvious he wasn't being doubled, Tony should've looked his way first which he didn't.

The times when Romo did throw him the ball, the ball was thrown badly, and I can't understand how all of a sudden, Romo's accuracy is in question.

BHendri5

Reaction score
From that video that means that when teams do that to T.O. then send him on the crossing routes, which incidently is the routes he becames famous for in SF with Mariucci.

I guarantee you if they do that teams will stop playing that type of coverage all the time, well at least the Boys will make them come out of it, because T.O. will catch the ball and rack up yards afterwards.

I've said it many times before, Owens is like a franchise RB, he needs a lot of touches as do Barber.

they can get both guys their touches and Witten his 5, 6,/7 pass down the middle of the field and if Tony just look a few times he will always see Hurd/Crayton and Austin deep down field somewhere, oh and Felix also on swing passes crossing short middle.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Romo needs to make his reads. I suspect Romo and Jason will be looking for Austin more until teams have to decide to rotate and hide their coverages. Someone has to be open somewhere. I think Austin can beat one on one coverages enough to make teams more honest.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Romo was telegraphing his throws - Commanders had a good gameplan and kept us in check some.

Our defense lost the game......

STSINAZ

Reaction score
you have to run plays to counteract teams doubling TO...put witten on an LB on TO's side...keep abusing teams until they have to get out of that defense...thats what Garrett has to do or they will keep doing it....