Mark Schlereth: It's a hotly contested division in the NFC East

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
ESPN Chat - Mark Schlereth

Chris (Syracuse, NY): Mark, I have a hard time with you guys ranking the Giants passing 16th look at the stats 3700+ yards passing and 24 tds for manning in his first full season starting i imagine thats has to improve this year. But the question is are the skins and boys that much better than the g-men? They are the div. champs,improved and eli is a year older. Thanks for the insight.

Mark Schlereth: I would say first off, it's a hotly contested division in the East. Manning did not complete a high percentage of his passes last year. There are some keys for them and their passing game, getting the protection that they need. But is he going to get his completion percentage over 60%? The conference and division that the Giant are going to be playing is is tough. The Commanders are going to have an improved defense. Defensively the Cowboys are a top 10 team. That's going to make that tough. Then you look at the Giants on the road, they have a tough schedule. They have to go to Philly, who is going to be tougher this year. I start looking they go to Seattle, to Atlanta, to Jacksonville on a Monday night, to Washington. I think it's going to be tough for Manning. Do they have the ability to win the division? Certainly. all the teams in that division do.

thor_01

Reaction score
i have to rank the insight of Mark Schlereth right up there with Johnny Carson's Amazing Karnac, how does the boy do it time and again...........

Holloway805

05 & 09 Pick a Winner Champ
Reaction score
The Giants go to Washington and Philly this year? I hope we get them at home.

JPM

Reaction score
I'm actually impressed, I didn't think Schlereth could write....

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Holloway805 said:

Don't we each get a home and away game against division rivals? I can see how your post can be construed as sarcasm, but it was difficult to tell.

MONT17

Reaction score
Well when u consider its the GIANTS... some may think including Stink they get Away games at Home every year!!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
parchy said:
Thanks for the mind-numbing insight, Stink
:rolleyes:

What do you expect? Dude has had 20+ surgeries. All that anesthesia is gonna screw you up eventually.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Holloway805 said:

Unfortunately, I think we have to go to Washington and Philly at LEAST once this year, maybe next year though.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
thor_01 said:
i have to rank the insight of Mark Schlereth right up there with Johnny Carson's Amazing Karnac, how does the boy do it time and again...........

Absolutely love your sig and agree... time to add another ticket and take over once again with the most amount of SB wins...

Holloway805

Reaction score
Funxva said:
Don't we each get a home and away game against division rivals? I can see how your post can be construed as sarcasm, but it was difficult to tell.
Sarcasm, yes. Schlerth reaching, yes.

Holloway805

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Unfortunately, I think we have to go to Washington and Philly at LEAST once this year, maybe next year though.
The schedule makers have it in for us.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
ESPN Chat - Mark Schlereth

Chris (Syracuse, NY): Mark, I have a hard time with you guys ranking the Giants passing 16th look at the stats 3700+ yards passing and 24 tds for manning in his first full season starting i imagine thats has to improve this year. But the question is are the skins and boys that much better than the g-men? They are the div. champs,improved and eli is a year older. Thanks for the insight.

Mark Schlereth: I would say first off, it's a hotly contested division in the East. Manning did not complete a high percentage of his passes last year. There are some keys for them and their passing game, getting the protection that they need. But is he going to get his completion percentage over 60%? The conference and division that the Giant are going to be playing is is tough. The Commanders are going to have an improved defense. Defensively the Cowboys are a top 10 team. That's going to make that tough. Then you look at the Giants on the road, they have a tough schedule. They have to go to Philly, who is going to be tougher this year. I start looking they go to Seattle, to Atlanta, to Jacksonville on a Monday night, to Washington. I think it's going to be tough for Manning. Do they have the ability to win the division? Certainly. all the teams in that division do.

I've never had this hard a time reading a paragraph on this board. And to think, this was just a blurb from a whole chat.:lmao:

Birdlives

Reaction score
Expecting insightful analysis from Stink will always leave you disappointed. Didn't he pick the cowboys to win the division?

j/k ;)