Markquese Bell against the Chargers?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm watching the game since I missed it, and i'm noticing that our starter from last year #14 is playing into the 2nd quarter. With Quinn not being here anymore to be his voucher, is it possible that he will see less playing time this season? I hope this isn't the case as Bell is a very good player who was playing out of position. Are the current coaches looking more at Juanyeh than Markquese? Please give your thoughts, I know you have them!!

Carson

Reaction score
Bell is behind Wilson and Hooker. He no longer is playing LB so the snaps will be limited.

Thomas and Mukuamu likely get more snaps because they can play corner.

Dont look much into it. He will get plenty of snaps

exciter

Reaction score
I'm watching the game since I missed it, and i'm noticing that our starter from last year #14 is playing into the 2nd quarter. With Quinn not being here anymore to be his voucher, is it possible that he will see less playing time this season? I hope this isn't the case as Bell is a very good player who was playing out of position. Are the current coaches looking more at Juanyeh than Markquese? Please give your thoughts, I know you have them!!
There was an article on DC. com early last season shortly after Bell became a starter at LB. It basically stated that Bell was always a Quinn project with intent to sign and convert to a 3rd down coverage LB. It alluded to, that Quinn practically beat the table for the signing and that everyone else finally agreed although they didn’t really see it. Bell then spent his rookie season mostly inactive with his development spent learning the LB position. He then spent last season playing not only coverage but starting at LB. Makes sense that since they are converting him back to safety, a position he hasn’t played in 2 seasons, to be a primary backup that they would give him ample snaps at the position during preseason games to get his feet back under!

exciter

Reaction score
Maybe wilson might be a surprise cut over bell?? :omg:
Lol,
Hmmm… they just resigned Wilson last season. You would think if they were even remotely considering releasing him they would give him a chance to play instead of sitting him with all the other players who are safe especially when considering releasing him would be a 10.5m dead cap hit!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bell is behind Wilson and Hooker. He no longer is playing LB so the snaps will be limited.

Thomas and Mukuamu likely get more snaps because they can play corner.

Dont look much into it. He will get plenty of snaps
sounds good, like I said he's a good player, but yes we are LOADED at safety

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
Maybe, they are showcasing Bell with the hopes of a potential trade?
With how Thoams has developed and that they seem to like Julius Wood, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a deal made.

rambo2

Reaction score
They have 4 starting quality safeties. They very well could trade 1 of them.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You didn't post any threads before the game, yesterday, and we lost! You're the bad luck guy!! Although, it was quite a refreshing break. I didn't have to think all day.
:muttley:

Mr_437

Reaction score
Bell has shown he can help in the run game, but the question was his coverage ability. Idk if he answered that question to Zim's satisfaction, but I think he's a very playable SS. Just remember Dono has coverage issues till this day. Loaded position and I'd like to see the 5 be: Hooker, Dono, Juanyeh, Bell n Wood.