U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Feb 25
3:39
PM CT

By Tim MacMahon

INDIANAPOLIS -- There are no workouts on the first day of the combine, but Maryland LT Bruce Campbell still generated a buzz.

Campbell was the clear winner of the offensive line's weigh-ins. He was measured at 6-6 3/8 and a chiseled 314 pounds with an enormous arm length of 36 1/4 inches.

One veteran personnel man called Campbell's body the most impressive he's ever seen on an offensive lineman.

That doesn't necessarily mean Campbell will be off the board by the time the Cowboys' pick comes up 27th overall. There are still questions about his football IQ and durability after an injury-plagued junior season.

Every NFL scout knew Campbell was an impressive physical specimen. They just got an up-close view of how impressive his physique is this morning.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This article oozes the US Military's don't ask, don't tell policy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;3287658 said:
This article oozes the US Military's don't ask, don't tell policy.

:muttley: gayness aside, Campbell would be a nice addition.

We'd have 2 freak, OTs. Doug Free and Campbell.

Reaction score
Campbell has strength and athleticism for days, but he is still pretty raw. He is going to need at least a year before he is ready to contribute full time at the NFL level. He did have some trouble at Maryland with some of the really quick and speedy ends (Everett Brown ate his lunch 2 seasons ago). Not sure if he will end up at LT, but he has played both tackle positions, and I could see him end up at RT in the long run.

Probably should have stayed in school for one more year for the experience, but based on his projected draft position and him allegedly having grade problems, I can see why he bolted.

But, that's just my opinion, and I don't get paid for scouting, so take it for what it's worth. :)