Matt Canada as OC

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don’t care if it’s “dumbed” down or not just go with what works
Dumbing down carries the element of surprise until opposing DCs catch on.

That is why you see players like Robert Griffin and Colin Kaepernick look dynamic one year but gradually fizzle the longer they play.

Last season for Prescott was amazing, but I don't think it can be replicated.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t care if it’s “dumbed” down or not just go with what works

The problem is, you can only go with what works, until teams figure it out and adjust. Offensive coordinators can only do so much within the limitations of the QB.

RG3 couldn’t get past his first progression, while Dak gets through them, but doesn’t throw the ball, taking the safe route. He doesn’t process fast enough, except when he’s escaping the pocket rolling out and it’s ‘fight or flight’ type of decisiveness. Dak’s thrown amazing passes whiles play breaks down and he rolls while a WR rolls with him. That laser to Dez was like an Aaron Rodgers type throw. The problem is he doesn’t have the rest of the tool set.

Romo had the tools, but he had the incompetent HC/OC game-planning and calling plays.

Dak is an ideal back-up in this league and will carve himself a niche when all is said and done IMO, but seasons will be lost with him as a starter before that happens.

There is ‘theoretical’ intelligence and ‘practical’.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Garrett has 2018 to get it right. There will be no excuses if he fails to improve the offense that has the great RB, a great o-line and a so-called franchise WR. His greatest challenge: Make Dak great again. If he fails, Jerry will blow everything up and start with a new HC and QB. The clock is ticking.
Wishful thinking. I hope your right, but Jerry’s stepson has more than 9 lives!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The problem is, you can only go with what works, until teams figure it out and adjust. Offensive coordinators can only do so much within the limitations of the QB.

RG3 couldn’t get past his first progression, while Dak gets through them, but doesn’t throw the ball, taking the safe route. He doesn’t process fast enough, except when he’s escaping the pocket rolling out and it’s ‘fight or flight’ type of decisiveness. Dak’s thrown amazing passes whiles play breaks down and he rolls while a WR rolls with him. That laser to Dez was like an Aaron Rodgers type throw. The problem is he doesn’t have the rest of the tool set.

Romo had the tools, but he had the incompetent HC/OC game-planning and calling plays.

Dak is an ideal back-up in this league and will carve himself a niche when all is said and done IMO, but seasons will be lost with him as a starter before that happens.

There is ‘theoretical’ intelligence and ‘practical’.
There is also common sense and book smart. Garrett has very little football common sense. We need a coach who can make adjustments during the game using football common sense. Everyone watching the Atlanta game, except Garrett and Linehan could see Dak was getting killed by 1 player. The right DE. Did they help out our lousy LT? No. The next game, after watching the film( book smart) they decided to chip, though not enough, for our lousy backup LT. You can blame players all you want, but Garrett is the MAIN problem with this team. Superbowls are out of the ? With Garrett. Coaching matters!!! Give me Belicheat with this roster and we compete for Superbowls.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
IF Dallas gets a new HC, the HC should be able to pick his own staff. it shouldn't be forced on him by the owner

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Is this really true? You think Garrett is telling Linny to throw from the 3 yard line? We may be giving Garrett too much credit.

I'm talking more about the scheme. Play calls are supposed to be Linehan's job, but at the end of the day the head coach is responsible on most teams.

Then again, when the owner hires the coordinators...this team. :facepalm:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
IF Dallas gets a new HC, the HC should be able to pick his own staff. it shouldn't be forced on him by the owner

nfl_g_jones_300.jpg

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Garrett has 2018 to get it right. There will be no excuses if he fails to improve the offense that has the great RB, a great o-line and a so-called franchise WR. His greatest challenge: Make Dak great again. If he fails, Jerry will blow everything up and start with a new HC and QB. The clock is ticking.

Lets hope so. Wasting a talent like Zeke, and regressing Dak would be a shame given how the D seems to be showing some signs of actually being able to limit teams to under 21 points. Landry felt that if you can do that you should win the game....

Aven8

Reaction score
LaFleur is not going to come to Dallas and be subjected to Garrett imposing his offensive system on him.

We are in a bad position because Garrett is not going anywhere and will soon be a lame duck. Hard to attract a hot shot coordinator when there is no promise you would have that job in a year or two. He would rather go somewhere where there is a fresh start.

If there is a change, which I don't think will happen, it will be someone Garrett knows and is familiar with the antiqued concepts he refuses to move on from. Like Norv Turner or something. But I am even skeptical of that.

I thought Norv had the opportunity years ago and wasn't about to coach under JG?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dumbing down carries the element of surprise until opposing DCs catch on.

That is why you see players like Robert Griffin and Colin Kaepernick look dynamic one year but gradually fizzle the longer they play.

Last season for Prescott was amazing, but I don't think it can be replicated.
Dak is not a mental midget like those two.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Look at the difference in GOFF w/McVay

Look at McDaniels in NE

A good young OC will benefit all in volved..... Especially Dak

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
CZ is in total melt down mode.
Cowboys will be just fine, everything will stay the same outside of a couple minor tweaks here and there,, quit over reacting and just believe what Jerry is telling you.
We are all going to be just fine, Cowboys will be better next year, and everyone will be super duper happy.