Matt Jones He's gonna be GOOD

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I know this is fust Mini Camp but man to not miss a pass all practice for a QB turned WR when watching most camps today WR's dropped Passes all over the place...

From Espn

Injuries add up: Matt Jones' first day with the Jags ended earlier than expected.

The first-round draft pick, the 21st overall selection, strained his left hamstring and missed most of the afternoon practice. The 6-foot-6 receiver wasn't sure when he would return.

"Who knows?" he said. "I'm going to get some treatment on it and we'll see."

The injury ruined what was an otherwise spectacular debut for the former Arkansas quarterback. On one of the opening plays of the morning session, Jones blew by cornerback Chris Thompson and made a sliding catch for a 15-yard gain. He also made several tough receptions over the middle. In fact, he didn't drop a ball all day.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I just can't help it...
Matt Jones has got bust written all over him.
I was pulling for him but since he got drafted so high on a mere hunch, I hope he busts. That's too high of a gamble. I thought it was extremely foolish to draft him when they did.
Whenever I've seen him practice at WR, (combine, Senior Bowl, etc.) he looks fast but goofy. Kind of stiff. JMO

Reaction score
What a mismatch over the middle

There are only a handful of safeties in this league that would go for the lights outshot on this guy considering his size

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I think he's gonna be a special player.

I don't regret not taking him in the first... but damm it would have been nice to grab him in the second.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any first round WR should look good against a no-name 6' 0" CB from Nicholls State who has yet to play in a NFL game. It's April, it's a mini camp.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Cowboyszone not Jaguarszone. I could care even less about this guy now that draft is over.