Matt Jones-QB Arkansas

Rocky

Reaction score
This guy has intrigued me for a couple of years now. His arm is not great and his judgement is suspect but this guy is among the best athletes in college ball. I long believed that he'd switch to WR or maybe in TE if he gained some mass for the next level. However, I heard that he plans on preparing for the combine as QB. Maybe he can be coached up.

Anyone who has seen the guy think that he can play QB in the NFL?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Rocky said:
This guy has intrigued me for a couple of years now. His arm is not great and his judgement is suspect but this guy is among the best athletes in college ball. I long believed that he'd switch to WR or maybe in TE if he gained some mass for the next level. However, I heard that he plans on preparing for the combine as QB. Maybe he can be coached up.

Anyone who has seen the guy think that he can play QB in the NFL?

I've seen him play many times... live twice...

He is a phenominal athlete... I heard on ESPN a few weeks ago that several teams in the NFL have their eye on him for WR or TE...

Someone will draft him... the kid can play...

Rocky

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I've seen him play many times... live twice...

He is a phenominal athlete... I heard on ESPN a few weeks ago that several teams in the NFL have their eye on him for WR or TE...

Someone will draft him... the kid can play...

Yeah, I think someone will too; he needs a proven mentor/QB coach who will work with him on his throwing motion and the mental aspects of the position. He has all the tools to become a nice passer.

The guy can run like....a gazelle! I think ESPN has AR playing LSU near the end of the season and a good showing will bode well for him. I'm looking forward to it.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Rocky said:
Yeah, I think someone will too; he needs a proven mentor/QB coach who will work with him on his throwing motion and the mental aspects of the position. He has all the tools to become a nice passer.

The guy can run like....a gazelle! I think ESPN has AR playing LSU near the end of the season and a good showing will bode well for him. I'm looking forward to it.

He could very well be a tweener and excellent TE like Novacek... not a great blocker but always mismatched with a LB in coverage...

Reaction score
Matt Jones-QB Arkansas = The white Quincy Carter.

He'll possibly have a decent, multiyear career as a journeyman second or third string QB, nothing more.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I seen him out run to many guys

He is athletic and his arm is okay not sure about the rest of the stuff

He is not QC either eh has gotten better each year not have a good year and regress the next.

Who knows what the NFL will draft him as he is 6'6" or so and can run