Matt Jones?

Cowboys_fan8

Reaction score
I was just wondering...what does everyone think of Arkansas' former QB, Matt Jones. Just a little background on him: he ran the 40(yard-dash) in 4.37 seconds which is just a little above Michael Irvin, and broke several Arkansas records.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Are you talking about our Michael Irvin? If so, that's more like a lot below Mike. On a good day, Irvin ran a 4.5.

Having said that, I thought Jones ran in the 4.4/4.5 area at the combines.

I like Jones. Everybody says he can't play QB but I'll tell you something. This guy makes things happen at QB. I don't know if he will be moved to WR or not but He's an interesting player at QB. I like him a lot. He's a 3 or 4 year developement project that could turn out to show huge dividenends down the roard IMO.

Cowboys_fan8

Reaction score
no he ran the 40 in 4.37 seconds. hes an unbelievable QB. hes just very smart at it and aware of what to do, much like Clint Stoerner!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i think matt jones would make a good addition to any team as a wideout or te. he is one fast white man. deceptive speed. he has no fear either. he slept through a tornado . his bedroom was demolished and his dad came in his room to ask him if he was ok. woowwwwwwwwwww. laid back dude.

Cowboys_fan8

Reaction score
I think he quite possibly might go to the cowboys in the 3rd or 4th round as a project WR maybe. Maybe not though! And I sure hope he goes to da' boys!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Dallas already has their eye on him day 2...

Cowboys_fan8

Reaction score
How do you know they have their eye on him? Also, where did you find out...on a website or what?(if so, what website or place becuase I'd like to read about it)!

Thank You For Your Help!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Cowboys_fan8 said:
How do you know they have their eye on him? Also, where did you find out...on a website or what?(if so, what website or place becuase I'd like to read about it)!

Thank You For Your Help!

From other posts on the subject...

trickblue said:
Gil Brandt said that Parcells spent plenty of time watching Matt Jones at Circus Combine...

He said Parcells kept referring to Jones as "Jim Thorpe"...

Cowboy from New York said:
Silver Star digest is reporting that Dallas took an extensive look at Arkansas QB Matt Jones, but not for the QB position but for a TE or WR.

trickblue said:
On ESPN Radio Dallas today they were saying that Parcells is enamored with QB Matt Jones of Arkansas...

I also read a Jerry quote saying that he like Matt Jones alot... but I couldn't find it...

Cowboys_fan8

Reaction score
Wen you said that parcells kept reffering to Matt Jones as Jim Thorpe, there is no comparison. I like Matt Jones and all but Jim Thorpe was better than Jones is and ever will be. Now don't get me wrong but Parcells couldn't be more wrong. I also like Parcells but that was a little much in my opinion!