Clemson's Cullen Harper is having a better year, and he's a Sophomore

expect Matt Ryan to see a Brady Quinn slide on Draft Day

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1755413 said:
Clemson's Cullen Harper is having a better year, and he's a Sophomore

expect Matt Ryan to see a Brady Quinn slide on Draft Day

I'd be suprised to see Matt Ryan drafted as high as Quinn was.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I have seen Ryan play a few times. He is a very good QB, and keeps a level head on the field. One thing that bolds well for him is his poise. Down 10-0 at VaTech late in the game, and he led them on two TD drives. He might not have done much prior to that, however, when the game was on the line he stepped up.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1755418 said:
I have seen Ryan play a few times. He is a very good QB, and keeps a level head on the field. One thing that bolds well for him is his poise. Down 10-0 at VaTech late in the game, and he led them on two TD drives. He might not have done much prior to that, however, when the game was on the line he stepped up.

don't get me wrong, he's a good QB, but some draft people are saying that his play this year has him rising to being a top-10 pick

he's not playing that well

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ryan was never projected to go as high as Quinn, so he can't "slide." He's always been a mid-to-late 1st rounder and will still go in that area.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
personally, since we already have our QB, I could care less about any of the top prospects.

now, i do want to look at some of the late round guys who can be projects......someone like that Johnson kid from San Diego U. I think he and Bartell would be two nice long term projects to have behind Romo.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano=Overrated

Are there any QBs worth taking top 10, even top 5 this year? (besides Henne of course ;))

burmafrd

Reaction score
Ryan was being touted as a Heisman guy early on. Of course that means nothing as regards draft placing (i.e. Tony Smith). Late first rd was the best i have ever heard him being talked about- and now I doubt he gets chosen before the mid second rd at best. Actually this year seems a down year for QBs.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
burmafrd;1755702 said:
Ryan was being touted as a Heisman guy early on. Of course that means nothing as regards draft placing (i.e. Tony Smith). Late first rd was the best i have ever heard him being talked about- and now I doubt he gets chosen before the mid second rd at best. Actually this year seems a down year for QBs.

Troy Smith?