Matthew Perry dead at 54

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but saw this coming. Whether it was he was a continued user or just heart issues from all his use back in the day…. He was honest about his drug habits but he didn’t age well at all. Could tell he hit the Hollywood party life a little too hard. Made some good movie comedies I enjoyed. Whole Nine Yards still a great movie.

quickccc

Reaction score
I was shocked by the stunning news of his death and passing as with so many others.
I was more familiar with his movies such as Fools Rush In than the Friends TV series.
Perry was only age 54 at his passing.

Despite the speculation and awaiting confirmation, my prayers, thoughts and condolence to
his family and loved ones.
RIP Matthew.

99f525c5a72e40f6cd68109b9f4f9917.jpg

nobody

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but saw this coming. Whether it was he was a continued user or just heart issues from all his use back in the day…. He was honest about his drug habits but he didn’t age well at all. Could tell he hit the Hollywood party life a little too hard. Made some good movie comedies I enjoyed. Whole Nine Yards still a great movie.
Honestly, I think his internal organs were wrecked from the drugs. I don't think he had any in his system but we'll find out. Heck, his colon ruptured a couple of years ago because of the opioids he had taken over the years...so imagine what his heart health was likely like. Then get into a very hot hot tub for too long, and there's a recipe for high blood pressure induced heart attack. RIP. He was a funny guy.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our nightly routine includes watching an episode or two of Friends before bedtime. Sometimes, the show is simply playing in the background and we aren't really following it. After all, we've seen all the episodes many times.

Usually, though, there is a moment in each episode where Chandler has a really sarcastic or funny line. You know it's coming, you know what he is going to say but, you still pause and laugh.

RIP Mathew Perry.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our nightly routine includes watching an episode or two of Friends before bedtime. Sometimes, the show is simply playing in the background and we aren't really following it. After all, we've seen all the episodes many times.

Usually, though, there is a moment in each episode where Chandler has a really sarcastic or funny line. You know it's coming, you know what he is going to say but, you still pause and laugh.

RIP Mathew Perry.
Could this BE any sadder???

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Honestly, I think his internal organs were wrecked from the drugs. I don't think he had any in his system but we'll find out. Heck, his colon ruptured a couple of years ago because of the opioids he had taken over the years...so imagine what his heart health was likely like. Then get into a very hot hot tub for too long, and there's a recipe for high blood pressure induced heart attack. RIP. He was a funny guy.
Yeah I remember him talking in an interview that his drug/alcohol usage was so intense that he has no recollection of even filming several seasons of Friends. That's some heavy usage. As terrible as that is, I'll hand it to his acting skills that it never come through on TV with his character.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Another thing about Perry. Saw an interview at his house. Dude had a Red Bull vending machine on his pool deck. LOL Was pretty honest, if not taking drugs, was guzzling Red Bulls. I’m sure that‘s not entirely healthy either. RIP

nobody

Reaction score
Another thing about Perry. Saw an interview at his house. Dude had a Red Bull vending machine on his pool deck. LOL Was pretty honest, if not taking drugs, was guzzling Red Bulls. I’m sure that‘s not entirely healthy either. RIP
That lends evidence to my idea that it was a hot tub high-blood-pressure-induced heart attack...red bulls plus high blood pressure plus heat of the water with already damaged organs from previous drug use ....and bam

gtb1943

Reaction score
That lends evidence to my idea that it was a hot tub high-blood-pressure-induced heart attack...red bulls plus high blood pressure plus heat of the water with already damaged organs from previous drug use ....and bam
Sounds logical. But with the damage he had done to his body and the apparent lack of care he still treated it with, it was just a matter of time.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Even though I was a teen in the 90s I never got the Friends hype. JA was friggin hot but that was kinda the only reason I watched sometimes.

I did like MP in his later roles though, The whole nine yards is a classic. So RIP my good man, loved your work.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Even though I was a teen in the 90s I never got the Friends hype. JA was friggin hot but that was kinda the only reason I watched sometimes.

I did like MP in his later roles though, The whole nine yards is a classic. So RIP my good man, loved your work.
Whole nine yards and whole ten yards with him and Bruce Willis together were awesome.

Now one of them is dead and the other is very very sick. It’s a shame.

Getting old sucks.