Maurice Hurst cleared for Pro Day Action

Carter

Reaction score
The University of Michigan defensive tackle was projected to be a first-round pick in this year’s NFL Draft before doctors discovered a potentially career-ending heart condition earlier this month. His diagnosis was made at the combine, preventing him from taking the field in Indianapolis, where he was expected to test as one of the most athletic players at his position in this draft class.

Now for the good news: Hurst posted on Instagram Wednesday morning that he will participate in the Wolverines’ Pro Day on Friday

It seems Hurst finally has some positive momentum on his quest to overcome his condition and play in the NFL. Here’s hoping it continues throughout the draft process.

If he can go through all drills at the Pro Day and look good that should put him back into the late 1st.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Im tellin ya.....it was faulty machinery(the ekg machine......not his heart).

Id take him and not think twice about it....if it was career ending,we would have heard by now.
Good for him.
Hope he tears it up at his pro day.

Carter

Reaction score
So we can stop calling him Maurice Hearse?

We'll see after tomorrows Pro Day. My bet is that he is killing it there.

There actually was another incident while in Michigan with the EKG Machine and he easily played without any Problems through it....

cnuball21

Reaction score
Wahoo! One of my favorite prospects in the draft is back.

Hopefully the medicals are a green light and we have a shot at him at 19.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Wahoo! One of my favorite prospects in the draft is back.

Hopefully the medicals are a green light and we have a shot at him at 19.
agreed.
even better,Id love it if he fell to us in the 2nd.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I'd be apprehensive hoenstly... This kids needs to think about his health.

RS12

Reaction score
I read on Rotoworld this morning Michigan defensive tackle Maurice Hurst states he’s ready for pro day. People I’ve spoken to familiar with the situation feel the heart issue Hurst was red flagged with at the combine won’t be a problem as his father evidently had the same type of issue and still played seven years in the NFL, all with the New England Patriots.

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-22-ohio-state-notre-dame-stanford