Maurice Stovall

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I want this guy

him or Nance
I like Stovall or Nance. Nance is faster, but Stovall is quicker and gets off the line better.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Jason Avant is looking pretty good, amazing hands, and get's good, not great, seperation, but he doesn't need that much, he's a big body who uses it well, and get get after the football

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Avant's dropped a lot of balls in the last 3 days and has a history of not having the best hands. I was very disappointed in his entire Sr. season, I thought he'd really break out.

Mitcha68

Reaction score
What about small receivers? It seems like some teams are going to small receivers again. Example: S. Moss, etc...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Mitcha68 said:
What about small receivers? It seems like some teams are going to small receivers again. Example: S. Moss, etc...

Moss has been getting alot of seperation

dmoore

Reaction score
I like Stovall and Nance, but I'd rather get a speedster like S. Moss or Skyler Green. I just want a burner that can be a great deep threat for Bledsoe. We already have a couple of big possesion recievers, so why not go for a small quick one?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dmoore said:
I like Stovall and Nance, but I'd rather get a speedster like S. Moss or Skyler Green. I just want a burner that can be a great deep threat for Bledsoe. We already have a couple of big possesion recievers, so why not go for a small quick one?

I like big and quick myself. Next year is a much better crop for WRs. Moss is fast but he's also 5'8. I don't know if that's big enough.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dmoore said:

I just want a WR who can get seperation

and so far, that's looking like Moss and Stovall

shnagy

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Jason Avant is looking pretty good, amazing hands, and get's good, not great, seperation, but he doesn't need that much, he's a big body who uses it well, and get get after the football
I agree. I always thought he was a playmaker. Hopefully he will be wearing a star in the pros.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day. Look at the builds of the types of receivers that BP drafts. Its typically not a big receiver he seems to be looking for. Same for Belichick.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You dont' always have to get behind a defender to be effective. If you have a big long strider type that can get one on one with some smallish cb, he will either win the Jump ball or draw a PI.

dmoore

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe it's because of seeing what Santana Moss did to the league this year, but I'm starting to warm up to the small burners at WR. I used to be a fan of the 6'4, 6'5 recievers but it seems like more and more small recievers are being effective. I don't think height matters too much though, if your good enough they're going to find a way to get you the ball in one way or another. I like Stovall though, I got to see him a lot while he was at Notre Damn since I lived next to South Bend.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
You dont' always have to get behind a defender to be effective. If you have a big long strider type that can get one on one with some smallish cb, he will either win the Jump ball or draw a PI.

well, one of our problems on offense was receivers taking too long to seperate from CBs

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dmoore said:
I don't know, maybe it's because of seeing what Santana Moss did to the league this year, but I'm starting to warm up to the small burners at WR. I used to be a fan of the 6'4, 6'5 recievers but it seems like more and more small recievers are being effective. I don't think height matters too much though, if your good enough they're going to find a way to get you the ball in one way or another. I like Stovall though, I got to see him a lot while he was at Notre Damn since I lived next to South Bend.

as long as you can play, and seperate, I don't care how big, or fast you are

one of Stovall's knocks is that he isn't fast, but he's showing that he can seperate, and play

same for Moss, although it's size, but he's showing that he can seperate, and play