maybe Lincoln Kennedy is possible?

malbis030347

Reaction score
I know he did not sign on last year as he was too out of shape for a late pickup for the Boys, or any other team for that matter ,but he has a head start this year and seems motivated ..and he played 'lights out' when he was on the field....a one year deal would not break the bank plus he plays with technique and knowledge of the position.....
I hope he signs with us this year...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
malbis030347;1375872 said:
I know he did not sign on last year as he was too out of shape for a late pickup for the Boys, or any other team for that matter ,but he has a head start this year and seems motivated ..and he played 'lights out' when he was on the field....a one year deal would not break the bank plus he plays with technique and knowledge of the position.....

He's playing in the AFL

Doomsday101

Reaction score

He will be 36 years old and currently trying to make the AFL Dallas team

joseephuss

Reaction score
If he shows anything this year in the AFL he maydraw interest from the NFL. If that happens he will have to go on the waiver line for teams to pick him up. NFL teams that also own AFL teams go at the end in the waiver process. That means Dallas would have to hope that no one else claims him before it is their turn at the waiver line.

If he does well enough to earn another look in the NFL, Dallas may not be able to get him. If he does not do well enough to draw interest, then there will be no point in signing him.

sjordan6

Reaction score
joseephuss;1375894 said:
If he shows anything this year in the AFL he maydraw interest from the NFL. If that happens he will have to go on the waiver line for teams to pick him up. NFL teams that also own AFL teams go at the end in the waiver process. That means Dallas would have to hope that no one else claims him before it is their turn at the waiver line.

If he does well enough to earn another look in the NFL, Dallas may not be able to get him. If he does not do well enough to draw interest, then there will be no point in signing him.

Thanks for clearing that up because some guys dont understand the rules. Kennedy is simply trying to get back in the league and JJ is lending a hand. I cant see jones even giving him shot at playing for the Cowboys. He is simply too old to even be a back-up.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
He was like 400 pounds on the NFL network, no thanks..

joseephuss

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;1375913 said:
He was like 400 pounds on the NFL network, no thanks..

I heard an interview the Desperado's coach last week. He said Kennedy was down to 350 lbs. He also said that one of the reasons that Kennedy is giving it a try now is that they changed the rules in the AFL. The guys don't have to play both sides of the ball. Kennedy would not have been able to do it if he had to play both offense and defense the whole game.

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score

No thanks...we don't need a 36 year old player who has never been much to fawn over anyway. Wake up guy. LOL.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Same kind of stuff that was said about signing Willie Roaf, Joe Andruzzi, Ruben Brown, Mike Gandy, LJ Shelton, I mean, there is a long list of guys who are never good enough for the Cowboys but seem to get picked up by other teams and start for them.

I'm not saying Kennedy is going to be a guy like that for us but we are not so good that we shouldn't be looking into every single opportunity to improve our team. Why wouldn't you take a look at this guy? Smart football on Jerry's part IMO.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Parcells brought him in last year for a look-see- then he went to the AFL... guess he didnt see much...