McCarthy had high praise for Armstrong, "one of our most consistent players" and for Gallup

RoboQB

Reaction score
There could be a dude off the street taking Gallup's
locker and running routes on the field for weeks by
now, and I doubt Dak would've noticed. He never even
looks at him.

I'm a big Dorace Armstrong fan. I know, weird, but I've
always liked the player.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Increasing ball distribution will be important tomorrow in order to get ready for the playoffs. We all know playoff opponents will be doubling/tripling coverage on CeeDee. At the same time, our other receivers (aside from CeeDee) need to work harder to get open early. Make cleaner cuts, fight off jams at the line of scrimmage, explode off the snap, etc. Now is the time for every receiver to turn it up a notch or two early and often from the snap of the ball on every play.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallup has never run good routes. He is best on going deep, back shoulder fades, and jump balls.
I don't know what that has to do with clearing routes. But I will say Gallup does makes me nice sideline catches.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Meh... McCarthy has high praise for everyone. Let's go win the big games and talk later.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Meh... McCarthy has high praise for everyone. Let's go win the big games and talk later.
Well first of all I'm sure someone asked him the question he just didn't come out and bring these two guys names up you realize they have microphone stuck in their face people are asking them questions and there are some reporters that are trying to come out from left field with questions somebody might not ask...

But let me clear this up for you if you watch the football from the inside out Fowler and Armstrong played very well for very limited snaps and Armstrong has flashed the last couple of games you have to really watch close because they're very rarely in there but they do very well.... On Gallup what he's saying is he's a veteran that knows his responsibilities and he's willing to go out and block in the run game and run full speed all game even though he's not getting the ball and you need a guy like that in the playoffs over a guy like tober or brooks the veterans when giving a shot we'll step up and probably not be the ones to make the big mistake you don't want the rookies to be the one that you're looking for to make that one play whenever somebody maybe blankets CD lamb all game you're gonna need a Michael gallop when it counts and basically he's saying that Michael Gallup has been quiet he's been a professional he's not complaining he's not getting the ball and I'm betting when they're watching film they're showing and he's putting maximum effort in the run game and doing all the little things and he's right there ready to go if they need a play or two you know kind of like last year Ty Hilton you are expecting him to do a lot but the fact is every now and again you need to play and it's gonna come from a veteran versus a rookie or a young player you don't want that in the playoffs...

You know these coaches spend 40 hours a week breaking down film and they know these players better than fans do they see that whose responsibility was what and how they played on every single snap and did they execute properly and what kind of effort they're putting in and it doesn't hurt to go out and give them a little bit of pat on the back in the public keep them in the game... I mean you act like it's a negative thing for a coach to come out and give some praise to some players that don't get talked about a lot but that is what resonates through a locker room as a leader you do that..

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm on the side of using Turpin a little bit more in the Playoffs, and Tolbert has been dependable also at WR.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Well first of all I'm sure someone asked him the question he just didn't come out and bring these two guys names up you realize they have microphone stuck in their face people are asking them questions and there are some reporters that are trying to come out from left field with questions somebody might not ask...
All the more reason to go win the big one and stop the flattery. Enough press conference talk. As Air Jordan and Nike would say… just do it!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

But let me clear this up for you if you watch the football from the inside out Fowler and Armstrong played very well for very limited snaps and Armstrong has flashed the last couple of games you have to really watch close because they're very rarely in there but they do very well.... On Gallup what he's saying is he's a veteran that knows his responsibilities and he's willing to go out and block in the run game and run full speed all game even though he's not getting the ball and you need a guy like that in the playoffs over a guy like tober or brooks the veterans when giving a shot we'll step up and probably not be the ones to make the big mistake you don't want the rookies to be the one that you're looking for to make that one play whenever somebody maybe blankets CD lamb all game you're gonna need a Michael gallop when it counts and basically he's saying that Michael Gallup has been quiet he's been a professional he's not complaining he's not getting the ball and I'm betting when they're watching film they're showing and he's putting maximum effort in the run game and doing all the little things and he's right there ready to go if they need a play or two you know kind of like last year Ty Hilton you are expecting him to do a lot but the fact is every now and again you need to play and it's gonna come from a veteran versus a rookie or a young player you don't want that in the playoffs...

You know these coaches spend 40 hours a week breaking down film and they know these players better than fans do they see that whose responsibility was what and how they played on every single snap and did they execute properly and what kind of effort they're putting in and it doesn't hurt to go out and give them a little bit of pat on the back in the public keep them in the game... I mean you act like it's a negative thing for a coach to come out and give some praise to some players that don't get talked about a lot but that is what resonates through a locker room as a leader you do that..
You need to pick up a hobby.