Twitter: McCarthy on how he deals with the high expectations for the Cowboys

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
OGC.16dc4b6849ffdb5feefe58c25f86fef0

817Gill

Reaction score
He’s passed all the tests I’ve had of him so far. Just need to get to gameday now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The best way to deal with high expectations from others is to never disappoint them. :thumbup:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every HC says the same thing, especially a new one on the job, and I would expect nothing less from him.

Anyone here think part of that 12 hour interview was selling Booger on himself? How about all of it? And part of that was that he can do it with this QB.

I think there are about 20 teams that really think they have a realistic shot at it if everything falls their way and that will begin to drop in October.

Booger believes in McC and I am not sure he ever did believe in Garrett taking them all the way. He liked him and he made him comfortable but if Booger is truly honest with himself that is the last thing he needed. McC will acquiesce to Booger's need for the spotlight but I think he will stand up for what he believes in and is smart enough to keep that behind closed doors.

McC, unlike the other two HC's with rings, understands the game, particularly in Dallas. His job is like a lot of the jobs most of us have had, make the boss look good. In that respect, Garrett understood the game.

basel90

Reaction score
MM has the aura and the credentials of a big time coach. Hope things click on the field , we are due a SB ring.