McCarthy: Tyler Smith is "sore" with the plantar fascia tear and "has a chance" to play

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Play Bass have Tyler ready. Or play Tyler, and if a big enough lead, sit him rest of the game and play Bass.

Which is the better option. I know depends on pain tolerance, and may be a game time decision.
so get both practice time, or give Bass all the practice snaps.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Also let's not forget the older Smith, Tyron, looked a bit stiff out there Saturday night. Looked like he was laboring through that back issue.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
That sucks. A torn plantar fascia is painful and will be difficult to put pressure on the heal od the foot.

quickccc

Reaction score
No brother,this is the most important game of the year, anyone clear to play plays

It depends upon the degree of injury to foot.
We already have seized a playoff berth and a seed, and going to a reliable backup in Bass allows Tyler to
further recover that much more, as well as avoid him further injury (ala achilles tendon) if we are not careful.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It depends upon the degree of injury to foot.
We already have seized a playoff berth and a seed, and going to a reliable backup in Bass allows Tyler to
further recover that much more, as well as avoid him further injury (ala achilles tendon) if we are not careful.
The degree of injury is a complete rupture, it doesn’t get worse than that with no further injury. It does not affect the achilles at all. It is merely a pain tolerance thing now. There is no chance it gets better in two weeks, it will heal when the playoffs are over. If he can withstand the pain, he plays.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Also let's not forget the older Smith, Tyron, looked a bit stiff out there Saturday night. Looked like he was laboring through that back issue.
Still played pretty well. Hutchinson, whose developing into one of the better young DEs, wasn't able to beat him often. I think only one of his sacks came against Tyron while he went against Tyron most of the game.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

This is a VERY painful injury and I think MM is just blowing smoke about his young stud. Someone who weighs as much as Smith does needs two healthy feet to do their job and I hope and pray that this Smith has a ridiculous pain threshold and will be ready to protect his field general come Sunday.

pasando

Reaction score
Rest him against Washington!
Can his foot be injected with pain numbing meds before their first playoff game? Didn't Pollard play 2 weeks after a similar injury a couple years back?