McFadden received car from agent?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
December 30
(12:01 AM): Bowl eligibility of top back in question… Arkansas officials are reportedly looking into allegations that star junior RB Darren McFadden, expected to be a top pick at the 2008 draft, received a car from an agent. Both the agent and the McFadden family have denied the report and the TV station that initially aired the story issued an apology. The original report alleged that McFadden had received a luxury SUV with the help of agent Mike Conley. The family insists though that the car belongs to McFadden's mother. Arkansas plays New Year’s Day in the Cotton Bowl against Missouri. At the same time, the agent said he does not represent McFadden and is not a certified football agent, although he does have a couple of NBA clients. Meanwhile, there are reports that Felix Jones, another Arkansas junior RB who had also been thought to be leaning toward entering this year’s draft where he would likely be a mid-to-late first round prospect, may now be leaning towards returning to the Razorbacks in 2008 rather than avail himself of the draft.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
You think the title is a bit misleading there, Nors?

Sucks to here Jones is thinking about returning...I'd love to get him in the late first round.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Nors is busy trying to slime Mcfaden for some reason. I have already pointed out that the original story was retracted and apologized for since it turns out the Car was owned by his step mother who has had it for a while.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
No he and his Mommy were given a $100K car by an agent.

Thats a major violation of rules and could lead to sanctions against Arkansas program.

You think its ok for players and families to take bribes like this? I think it's not a good thing but it is what it is. Corruption and greed.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1865007 said:
Nors is busy trying to slime Mcfaden for some reason. I have already pointed out that the original story was retracted and apologized for since it turns out the Car was owned by his step mother who has had it for a while.

How did she pay for the $100K car? I just posted the story I read today.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Arkansas officials are looking into allegations that running back Darren McFadden received a car from an agent, as the agent and McFadden's father denied the report and the TV station that initially aired the story issued an apology.

The report alleged that McFadden had received a Cadillac Escalade, a luxury SUV, with the help of an agent, Mike Conley.

Graylon McFadden, Darren's father, insisted Friday that the reports were "a bold-faced lie," adding that the car belongs to McFadden's mother. The junior two-time Doak Walker Award winner has been borrowing the car, he said.

Conley, who said he does not represent McFadden and is not a certified football agent, also said the report was untrue. Conley is registered as an agent with the NBA and represents his son, Mike Conley Jr., and Greg Oden, who was the No. 1 overall draft pick in the 2007 NBA draft.

"I got a call and was told that somebody is saying I walked into a dealership in Fayetteville with Darren and helped him purchase a car," said Conley, a former track and field star at Arkansas. "I haven't been in Fayetteville in a while, and I certainly haven't been in any car dealerships with Darren McFadden."

Arkansas, however, is still investigating the allegations, as they could affect McFadden's eligibility for the Cotton Bowl against Missouri. According to NCAA rules, signing with or having improper contact with an agent could affect a player's eligibility. "We always want to take the higher road in any of these situations, and whether they're rumors or not, let it play out in the arena it needs to be done," Arkansas interim coach Reggie Herring said, according to the Dallas Morning News. "They're going to get to the bottom of it as soon as possible so everybody can rest easy."

Meanwhile, KARK-TV of Little Rock backed off its report, issuing a public apology on its Web site Friday.
"We have already personally apologized to Mike Conley for our poor standards of reporting," the station said on its Web site. "And we want to publicly apologize to Mr. Conley for any distress he has experienced. And we also want to apologize to Darren McFadden and his family for reporting details of this story that were not accurate."

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Nors;1864935 said:
December 30
(12:01 AM): Bowl eligibility of top back in question… Arkansas officials are reportedly looking into allegations that star junior RB Darren McFadden, expected to be a top pick at the 2008 draft, received a car from an agent. Both the agent and the McFadden family have denied the report and the TV station that initially aired the story issued an apology. The original report alleged that McFadden had received a luxury SUV with the help of agent Mike Conley. The family insists though that the car belongs to McFadden's mother. Arkansas plays New Year’s Day in the Cotton Bowl against Missouri. At the same time, the agent said he does not represent McFadden and is not a certified football agent, although he does have a couple of NBA clients. Meanwhile, there are reports that Felix Jones, another Arkansas junior RB who had also been thought to be leaning toward entering this year’s draft where he would likely be a mid-to-late first round prospect, may now be leaning towards returning to the Razorbacks in 2008 rather than avail himself of the draft.

I took the liberty to highlight some parts of your little article that you appear to have overlooked.

Nors;1865125 said:
No he and his Mommy were given a $100K car by an agent.

Allegedly. How do you know she didn't by the car herself? You have access to her W2's? Her Credit Report?

Thats a major violation of rules and could lead to sanctions against Arkansas program.

It would be....if it were true.

You think its ok for players and families to take bribes like this? I think it's not a good thing but it is what it is. Corruption and greed.

Nope. That's why I'm not upset by this.

Nors;1865130 said:
How did she pay for the $100K car? I just posted the story I read today.

Again, you're talking out of your ***. It's not even a $100,000.00 car, but don't let facts get in the way of your agenda. :rolleyes:

I'll take Felix Jones, regardless.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
McFadden is driving a souped up Escalade -

Doubt his mommy actually bought it. Truth will come out.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Mcfadden's mom can't keep her story straight.

Darren McFadden Considers the Escalade as His Future Ride

Posted Dec 28th 2007 11:04AM by Charles Rich
Filed under: SEC, Bowl Games, NCAA FB Gossip, Arkansas Football, NFL Prospects, Breaking News

Looks like Darren McFadden already learned something from new Arkansas Coach Bobby Petrino: look out for number one, and screw the team.

The problem is with a new Cadillac Escalade that is reportedly in Darren McFadden's possession. According to an earlier source Darren McFadden was present when sports agent, Mike Conley negotiated the deal for the Escalade at Superior Cadillac, in Fayetteville.

Mike Conley, is the father of the Memphis Grizzlies Mike Conley, Jr. and the agent of both Conley, Jr. and Greg Oden of the Portland Trailblazers. He is not, however, certified by the NFL as an agent (yet).

Conley denied the full report. Saying he was not with McFadden at any dealership in Arkansas.

McFadden's mom, also denied the new Escalade was hers or in her name as the report initially said.

"Mike Conley hasn't bought nothing, and it ain't in my name," Muhammad said. "It's his stepmom's, Ella McFadden's. Really, the truck is on loan. Darren drove that down [to Dallas ] to see how he'd like it, and maybe he'd get one later."

To claim that he's got one now, though, no. Of course not. Never. It's just his step-mom's. He's merely borrowed her just purchased car to see how he likes it in the future. The Arkansas Athletic Department admits it is looking into the matter with regards to NCAA compliance issues, but is saying little else.

Regardless of what the outcome with McFadden's status for the Cotton Bowl, it's safe to assume he's heading for the NFL Draft and not back to Arkansas for his senior year (okay, that was probably a safe bet before this).

Liars