McFadden Watch: 321 Yards on 34 carries

sjordan6

Reaction score
You people can say what you want and I am past the whole thing about having a shot at Peterson last draft. The bottom line is Darren McFadden is a stud who is absolutely great! I dont think it fair to compare the two backs but I really dont see major differences in their results. I watched the Razorbacks game this Saturday and was amazed at how fast he is. He has been clocked running the 40 in a 4.35 and has the moves and power of an stud in the making. He will not go past the 3rd pick and I think it would be a steal to give up both #1 picks to get him!

Because let's be honest, Julius and Barber are o.k. but this offense definitely needs the WOW factor.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
sjordan6;1747232 said:
Because let's be honest, Julius and Barber are o.k. but this offense definitely needs the WOW factor.
I thought we had WOW factor with Romo, TO, Witten, and Barber on offense. :confused:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
What's really sickening is that at this point, the Pats have a much better chance of drafting him than we do. :(

From now on, any GM that trades a future #1 to the Pats should be held down and beaten like Pyle in Full Metal Jacket.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If SF keeps losing, NE may just have the 3rd pick in the draft. And SF will keep losing. They are that bad. What an idiotic trade they made with NE just to draft some offensive lineman.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I am still not convinced we need a "wow" factor.

If we are gonna get rid of JJ then there are plenty of options at running back in this years draft which we can pull with our current picks.

Our run game has been a great compliment to our potent pass attack thus far.

We are 7-1, top offense in the NFC and we aren't getting the yards like the Packers (we actually have a balance attack).

2 1st round picks equal 2 "stud" needs... not 1 stud "want."

AbeBeta

Reaction score
McFadden sucks.

Now I want Jonathon Stewart.

Ok McFadden doesn't suck. But we aren't getting him.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
This is the year we trade 2 for 1 to get an impact guy no more Bobby Carpenter from the mid rounds..

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
BARRYRAY;1747261 said:
This is the year we trade 2 for 1 to get an impact guy no more Bobby Carpenter from the mid rounds..

What # pick was Ware?

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
abersonc;1747259 said:
McFadden sucks.

Now I want Jonathon Stewart.

Ok McFadden doesn't suck. But we aren't getting him.
Yup.

The draft is such a crap shoot anyway ... who is to say that the 2nd or 3rd RB taken in the draft won't have a better career?

(That's what I tell myself to feel better about the unexpectedly late Browns draft position)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1747335 said:
Please tell me you aren't saying that being like Herschel is a negative...

But I think you are.

No, I'm just saying he's no Adrian Peterson. Of course, Walker while a very good player, didn't exactly light up the league. By saying that, I mean he isn't worth #1 overall.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
nyc;1747344 said:
No, I'm just saying he's no Adrian Peterson. Of course, Walker while a very good player, didn't exactly light up the league. By saying that, I mean he isn't worth #1 overall.

You're crazy. Herschel was all that and more. Go look what he did in the USFL, he spent 3-4 years there, then came to the NFL and split time with Dorsett for a couple more.

If you believe McFadden = Walker, that is a HUGE compliment.

You just don't realize it.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I think people overestimate top five/ten draft picks. They simply aren't worth what the present cap figures say they are.

The Rams had a couple of their own top ten picks on their team when they won the Super Bowl but that was thanks to finding a QB working behind a cash register. The Ravens also had two I think and of course Manning went #1 overall but for every one of those, there are tons of Andre Wadsworths and Ryan Leafs.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Getting McFadden may be tough but consider a few things,

1) McFadden hasn't been an angel off the field and it will affect his draft status,

2) forget NE getting him because he doesn't fit Bellick style and they have 3 young backs plus the fact that the dear Commissioner said if NE made the playoffs they would lose a 1st round draft pick --- he didn't say which one --- that decision is to be made after the season --- he knew full well that NE had two picks in the first round so they could lose the SF pick

3) You have to take into count what other teams want in the draft, example would be a Houston who still could end up with a top ten pick, they need a Julius Jones type back, a DE and a LB -- so what is to say we don't franchise Jones and trade say Spears, Jones and Carpenter for that pick instead on our 1st round picks. Probably improbable but definitely worth thinking about.

4) Except for Peterson and Bush the last five years haven't been kind to RB being drafted high in the first round and face it except for Peterson and Bush the others have been somewhat of a bust. So even though some think McFaddin is great you have others with similar talent this year like Slaton, Felix Jones, Ray Rice, and others. It is a crap shoot and one teams might not want to shoot for in the top 14 or 15.

A long way to go before the season is over and the draft picks rankings are there. Good discussion but even the combine will make a huge difference to these RBs. If McFaddin runs a 4.5 in the combine, do you really think he will go top ten.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
sjordan6;1747232 said:
You people can say what you want and I am past the whole thing about having a shot at Peterson last draft. The bottom line is Darren McFadden is a stud who is absolutely great! I dont think it fair to compare the two backs but I really dont see major differences in their results. I watched the Razorbacks game this Saturday and was amazed at how fast he is. He has been clocked running the 40 in a 4.35 and has the moves and power of an stud in the making. He will not go past the 3rd pick and I think it would be a steal to give up both #1 picks to get him!

I still would have rather got AP them Dareen. i just like AP style or Runnung more.. But McFadden is aswesome though with that being said. i dont see a point in givin up picks to get him.. If we aint gonna keep Double J, then give the Job to MB...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1747374 said:
You're crazy. Herschel was all that and more. Go look what he did in the USFL, he spent 3-4 years there, then came to the NFL and split time with Dorsett for a couple more.

If you believe McFadden = Walker, that is a HUGE compliment.

You just don't realize it.

What does the USFL mean to me? Nothing. Minor leagues. It's the same argument I give for SEC defenses. They are minor league, don't compare them with the NFL.

As for knowing what Herschel Walker did. I do, his biggest impact on the NFL was the trade that took place on October 12, 1989 that ended up spring-boarding Dallas to three Superbowls.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
nyc;1747404 said:
What does the USFL mean to me? Nothing. Minor leagues. It's the same argument I give for SEC defenses. They are minor league, don't compare them with the NFL.

As for knowing what Herschel Walker did. I do, his biggest impact on the NFL was the trade that took place on October 12, 1989 that ended up spring-boarding Dallas to three Superbowls.

Minor leagues? Go tell Reggie White that.

Fact is, they had alot of talent. Either way it doesn't matter, Herschel was the greatest college back I've ever seen. In the pros, he was on horrific teams and entire defenses only worried about him. Wherever he went, they went.

I'm not on the "give two picks for McFadden" bandwagon, but if you told me that Mcfadden is as talented as Herschel, I'd do it in a second.

Those types of players come along once every 20 years.

btcutter

Reaction score
ZeroClub;1747292 said:
Yup.

The draft is such a crap shoot anyway ... who is to say that the 2nd or 3rd RB taken in the draft won't have a better career?

(That's what I tell myself to feel better about the unexpectedly late Browns draft position)

M Lynch won't have a better career than Peterson unless injuries. There you go!

btcutter

Reaction score
Sandyf;1747391 said:
Getting McFadden may be tough but consider a few things,

1) McFadden hasn't been an angel off the field and it will affect his draft status,

2) forget NE getting him because he doesn't fit Bellick style and they have 3 young backs plus the fact that the dear Commissioner said if NE made the playoffs they would lose a 1st round draft pick --- he didn't say which one --- that decision is to be made after the season --- he knew full well that NE had two picks in the first round so they could lose the SF pick

3) You have to take into count what other teams want in the draft, example would be a Houston who still could end up with a top ten pick, they need a Julius Jones type back, a DE and a LB -- so what is to say we don't franchise Jones and trade say Spears, Jones and Carpenter for that pick instead on our 1st round picks. Probably improbable but definitely worth thinking about.

4) Except for Peterson and Bush the last five years haven't been kind to RB being drafted high in the first round and face it except for Peterson and Bush the others have been somewhat of a bust. So even though some think McFaddin is great you have others with similar talent this year like Slaton, Felix Jones, Ray Rice, and others. It is a crap shoot and one teams might not want to shoot for in the top 14 or 15.

A long way to go before the season is over and the draft picks rankings are there. Good discussion but even the combine will make a huge difference to these RBs. If McFaddin runs a 4.5 in the combine, do you really think he will go top ten.

If McFadden runs a 4.5, then no one at the combine should be clocking less than a 4.6.
Just look at how he runs away from people even when they have the angle on him, it's just unbelievable.
I bet he runs in the 4.3 range but then who cares about the 40's just watch his tapes.