McFadden

garyv

Reaction score
I was reading a Post that talked about the Teams that could land the #1 pick in the 2008 Draft. One Team being the Houston Texans which seem to need a starting RB and would probably take McFadden. Two Questions:

1) Do you feel the Browns would have to finish with a worse record
than the Texans for Dallas to get McFadden?

OR

2) Do you think the Texans would take both Dallas #1 picks and pass
on McFadden?

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Mods, may I suggest a new "McFadden Zone"?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
garyv;1487781 said:
on McFadden?

McFadden is not worth two first round choices, few RBs are. I would only give that up for a quarterback.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander;1487785 said:
McFadden is not worth two first round choices, few RBs are. I would only give that up for a quarterback.
Completely agree.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like McFadden but honestly I would like to see what happens next college football season before making my #1 pick today. I will say I would hope Dallas will be able to make selection with both 1st rd pick instead of giving up 1 to move up

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Can we wait til after the season, for all we know JJ can run for 1700 yards. and by the Way Mcfadden is not better than Peterson, by no means......

Alexander

Reaction score
eman721;1487783 said:
Mods, may I suggest a new "McFadden Zone"?

It is more than a little amusing how this is treated like a foregone conclusion among many fans. Too many assumptions going on. Cleveland's a horrible loser, McFadden's status is as lofty next April as it is now and there would simply be no other players we would need or consider.

Some people need to take a break. Talk about it starting next January or something.

Alexander

Reaction score
Q_the_man;1487790 said:
Can we wait til after the season, for all we know JJ can run for 1700 yards. and by the Way Mcfadden is not better than Peterson, by no means......

I doubt your first point. Your second point I agree with.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Alexander;1487794 said:
I doubt your first point. Your second point I agree with.

I doubt it to, but like Wyclef said, "Anything can Happen"

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well, ive never seen McFadden play, so not sure, but from what ive seen clips of him, he is awesome, maybe just a tad, now i said, just a tad better than Peterson.

how you build championships is with super impact players, we had our big 3 in the 90's with aikman, whom we drafted # 1 overall, then we got lucky and drafted Emmitt Smith at the 17th pick in the first round, and got Michael Irwin with about the same round with emmitt in 1st round.

Yet, if you look at the reason or one of them why the cowboys were good in the 70's was the high picks with Ed Too Tall Jones, Randy White & Tony Dorsett, you win with impact players, in my opinion, just like we got Charles Haley with a trade, so with mixture of high imact players, smart trades, and being lucky with lower picks, you build a team.

i say, if romo does good, which i think he will, if you have to trade up, you should be able to use one of your 2nd or 3rd round draft choices to trade up if you have to, hopefully just one of them, then, either trade down with your other # 1 pick, or trade back up with your other # 1 with another 2nd or 3rd draft choice you have and get another impact player at WR or S or CB, whatever you need.

remember Jerry Jones says and I am thinking this team isnt too far off from being a super bowl team, then, you bundle picks, and move up to get a couple of impact players, to me, that is what this team is missing, high profile impact players that have heart, desire, impact ability to take over a game & motivate a team, with intensity, that hate to lose and want to be a champion,

so im for getting McFadden, to me he is twice the player Julius Jones is, and if Jones does have a break out year, sign him to a one year deal and trade him, you would have value with him then for trading, because this teams needs a player on offense that teams fear,

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
garyv;1487781 said:
I was reading a Post that talked about the Teams that could land the #1 pick in the 2008 Draft. One Team being the Houston Texans which seem to need a starting RB and would probably take McFadden. Two Questions:

OR

on McFadden?

I think the Cowboys would be incredibly stupid to trade both first round picks for McFadden. Especially, if their Brown's first rounder is a top 5.

Alexander

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;1487815 said:
so im for getting McFadden, to me he is twice the player Julius Jones is

If I were McFadden, I wouldn't be all that flattered.

BigDave95

Reaction score
Q_the_man;1487790 said:

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Ridiculous. McFadden is in a different league than Peterson when they're both healthy. And Peterson is rarely healthy.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BigDave95;1487833 said:
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Ridiculous. McFadden is in a different league than Peterson when they're both healthy. And Peterson is rarely healthy.

Yeah, McFadden is in college and Peterson is in the NFL. :D

Anyhow, baring injury; I take Peterson everyday and twice on Sunday.

adamknite

Reaction score
garyv;1487781 said:

OR

on McFadden?

Cleveland would probably have to go 0-16 for us to land McFadden. If our first round pick is below 25 and cleveland's is in the top 10, I wouldn't mind packaging them as long as that is all it would take. I haven't looked so I don't know if the numbers on that would work out (i doubt it) but DMac is going to be a good one, I just hope we can find a way to land him, preferabley without giving up two first rounders.

BigDave95

Reaction score
nyc;1487837 said:
Anyhow, baring injury; I take Peterson everyday and twice on Sunday.

If only we could figure out a way to bar injury in the NFL....;)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Alexander;1487792 said:
It is more than a little amusing how this is treated like a foregone conclusion among many fans. Too many assumptions going on. Cleveland's a horrible loser, McFadden's status is as lofty next April as it is now and there would simply be no other players we would need or consider.

Some people need to take a break. Talk about it starting next January or something.

Your are correct, but, it is fun to just discuss the situation and get different view points........we all want what is best for the Cowboys.....like a 6th World Championship trophy.