McNabb & Garcia's numbers w/ and w/o Owens and possible projections w/Bledsoe

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I just took a look at the stats of Garcia and McNabb with and without T.O.

Here’s what I found:

- Percentage completed went from 58.2% (no TO) to 61.8% with TO (a 5.7% actual increase)

- Yards per attempt went from 6.4 ypa to 7.2 ypa (a 10.9% increase)

- Average passing attempts per TD went from 26.6 passing attempts per TD to 18.5 passing attempts per TD (a 30.4% increase in frequency)

- Average passing attempts per INT went from 39.6 passing attempts per INT to 45.7 passing attempts per INT (a 13.4% decrease in INT frequency)

If Owens’ affect on QB’s play stays the same, Bledsoe would in effect be on pace to put up these numbers next season from what he did last season.

63.8% Completion
8.2 YPA
255.7 passing yards per game (4,092 passing yards per 16 game season)
33 TD’s (15.1 passing attempts per TD pass)
15 INT’s (33.9 passing attempts per INT thrown)
99.04 QB Rating

I’m not saying this is going to happen. But, I think it gives a great indicator as to what Owens has brought to the table in his career and probably a good reason why so many people think that aside from his off-the-field issues, he’s the best WR in the game.

Rich……….

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
While I think TO will have a positive impact on Bledoses numbers... I think equally important (if not moreso) is the offensive line play.

Bledsoes numbers were far better in the first half of the season before Flo went down.

Put an healthy OL and TO together... then watch out baby!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Nice work and a nice read...

Let's hope it translates...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Think we're opening it up this year, not gonna allow defenses to play so aggressively against us.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

Here’s what I found:

- Percentage completed went from 58.2% (no TO) to 61.8% with TO (a 5.7% actual increase)

- Average passing attempts per TD went from 26.6 passing attempts per TD to 18.5 passing attempts per TD (a 30.4% increase in frequency)

- Average passing attempts per INT went from 39.6 passing attempts per INT to 45.7 passing attempts per INT (a 13.4% decrease in INT frequency)

If Owens’ affect on QB’s play stays the same, Bledsoe would in effect be on pace to put up these numbers next season from what he did last season.

63.8% Completion
8.2 YPA
99.04 QB Rating

I’m not saying this is going to happen. But, I think it gives a great indicator as to what Owens has brought to the table in his career and probably a good reason why so many people think that aside from his off-the-field issues, he’s the best WR in the game.

Rich……….

Good Info! Thanks for putting the work in and posting it!

jbsg02

Reaction score
If we had a SOLID O-Line, and i mean SOLID, we are a super bowl contender.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
It all starts up front with the O-line. If we can give Bledsoe time, it will be magic.:star:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

Here’s what I found:

63.8% Completion
8.2 YPA
99.04 QB Rating

Rich……….

oh yea - we've got the OL to make sure bledsoe has all kindsa time also.

kapolani

Reaction score
iceberg said:
oh yea - we've got the OL to make sure bledsoe has all kindsa time also.

See...

That's the thing.

If they try to bring the blitz - Bledsoe can audible out and hit Owens on a quick slant. TO can out muscle any corner - especially within that 5 yard area.

Owens can change the game in more ways than one.

I forsee eveyone on the offense getting better.

Who the heck can cover Terry one-on-one? The defense can't roll their coverage over to Terry's side anymore. Although I loved Key - he couldn't get the kind of separation that TO can.

What are they gonna do about Witten? Put a tiny corner on him? Put a safety?

With only seven in the box JJ's going to have a field day.

Put Terry in the slot and Crayton out wide in a three receiver set with TO on one side...

Dam. Can't wait for the season to start.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Man, Da Boys are gonna be unstoppable next year!:lombardi:
Can anyone say Super Bowl Number 6!

KobeEgan

Reaction score
the only thing we can't have is injuries to key players...like TO...or Bledsoe...or Glenn (Crayton is good, but not #2 WR material just yet)...or Flo

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think the oline is going to be better this year.

I think we're going to have more options on the left, especially. With Flozell Adams coming back, and a guard that is more suitable to run blocking. I think we should pick up Neal at least though, to not take a huge drop in the pass blocking scheme of things. And add a fullback to give Bledsoe that much more time...

If you take Bledsoes first half season numbers than add t.o.'s increasing of quarterback numbers... you'd get an even more impressive number.