McNair

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I really like him, but did anyone watch him today? He really seemed to struggle. Overthrew alot of receivers, just looked out of sync all day. Is he banged up again?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
junk said:
I really like him, but did anyone watch him today? He really seemed to struggle. Overthrew alot of receivers, just looked out of sync all day. Is he banged up again?
Yep.

McNair bruises sternum

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee quarterback Steve McNair bruised his sternum late in the fourth quarter of Tennessee's 15-12 loss to Jacksonville on Sunday.

McNair's chest hurt enough that he was still in the trainer's room more than an hour after the game ended. X-rays taken at the stadium were negative, but he was taken to a hospital for more tests.

A team spokesman said trainers would not let the quarterback talk with reporters because he was having trouble taking deep breaths.

Team doctors examined McNair on the bench and even used a stethoscope.

Coach Jeff Fisher said he talked with McNair at the end of the game, and the 2003 co-MVP said he was sore. Fisher said he thought McNair was injured at the end of a 14-yard run that converted a third-and-10 play.

``I don't tell Steve not to run. Steve took this game over and gave us a chance to put a scoring drive together with the two runs. That's the risk he takes,'' Fisher said.

``You'd like to see him get down. He didn't slide, and that's the risk you have to take.''

Chris Brown scored a play later to put the Titans up 12-7, but McNair overthrew Derrick Mason on the 2-point conversion attempt.

The Jaguars drove for the winning score. With 3 seconds to go, Billy Volek came in instead of McNair, who had taken off his shoulder pads on the sideline.

McNair is the NFL's top rushing quarterback since 1997 with 2,996 yards.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yep.

McNair bruises sternum

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch, Ouch, Ouch.... A bruises sternum??? Geez, those hurt really really bad... making my eyes squint and teeth clinch just thinking about that.. poor guy, it's gonna hurt to breathe for a while

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
He really does seem to get better after he gets banged up. Watch him put up big numbers next week.

The Jags D is brutal, it isn't that surprising he had a bad day Sunday.