Medina Spirit dies

kskboys

Reaction score
Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit died this morning after workout. Tested positive for drugs after win. Twice. Owner Bob Baffert known for this, he should be permabanned from horse racing.

I would guess heart attack.

terra

Reaction score
Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit died this morning after workout. Tested positive for drugs after win. Twice. Owner Bob Baffert known for this, he should be permabanned from horse racing.

Horse Racing has deteriorated so much in the last 20 years or so nothing surprises me anymore.

bb721

Reaction score

The drug that the horse was given is a legal drug that is popular and ALLOWED in horse racing. You’re just prohibited from giving it to a horse within 14 days of a race.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Feel bad for everyone around that had to watch it. I bet it sucked.

kskboys

Reaction score
Saw that it was a heart attack. Which means it was most likely the drugs that caused it. A 2-3 year old horse is like a 15-21 year old person. They generally do not have heart attacks unless drug abuse is involved. Drug abuse, in all likelhood, is what killed this horse.