Twitter: Mel thinks all three top safeties left can start as rookies

Oneiros

Reaction score
They probably won't last until 51, but there should still be Chinn, Burgess and Dugger available at some point.

gmoney112

Reaction score
One will probably be there. Several teams that could use them will probably draft for need at more fancy positions, others will take one of the RBs or OL.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only way you take a safety in the second round is if they’re a ball hawker. We need players who can create turnovers. The biggest issue we have in the secondary is our lack of takeaways.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think a Delpit or Winfield would be great. Guys who can play center field and also play in the slot if needed. Which helps the issue at corner. Could play 3 safety packages more often

I really like Winfield. He’s a true center fielder

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Not surprised at all. Most of the NFL.com guys had McKinney going top 20ish in their mocks. I know Daniel Jeremiah has nothing but good things to say about McKinney.

If you told me Dallas was to aquire McKinney, then somehow manage to sign vets like Dre and Griffen..I'd be down.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but safety almost seems like a luxury with the situation Dallas has at CB and Dline.

Aven8

Reaction score
I will be amazed if we go Safety. If we finally do it will be because of the new regimes influence.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Winfield Jr is probably my favorite DB in this draft, and I don't feel he'll make it to DAL pick. I think Delpit, McKinney, Winfield Jr and Chinn will be gone.

1. McKinney
2. Winfield Jr
3. Chinn
4. Davis
5. Delpit

This is how I have them ranked to my liking for DAL...they need a SS imo, but a FS will be a full time starter by next year and beyond.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i like all 3.
Winfield is a magnet for the ball.
McKinney intrigues because he is smart and versatile.
Delpit is my personal favorite.
id be happy as hell with any of'm.