Melvin Ingram

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Free agent next year. 10 sacks in 2015, should get that this year.

Considering they drafted Bosa, I could see him leaving SD

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I can't see them letting Ingram go. He's on pace to have an even better year. If he stays healthy, they have to lock him up. Rivers is getting older, they have some good young defensive players (Hayward seems to be one of the better FA signings)

I think they'll find ways to have Bosa and Ingram on the field together.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I can't see them letting Ingram go. He's on pace to have an even better year. If he stays healthy, they have to lock him up. Rivers is getting older, they have some good young defensive players (Hayward seems to be one of the better FA signings)

I think they'll find ways to have Bosa and Ingram on the field together.
They've really done a great job of it so far....oh wait.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
They've really done a great job of it so far....oh wait.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say. Because they are having a bad year, they should let Ingram walk? A good player is a good player, despite the record of their team. They still have work to do on defense, the last thing they should be doing is ridding of the productive players they have.

Unless you're meaning Bosa not being on the field. I think that has been an issue of him missing camp. Maybe he's just not ready, I don't know.

Verdict

Reaction score
Man, Bosa hasn't really been a good pick so far. First the contract hold out when there really isn't a reason to and getting to the Chargers late in the game. That's not a very good start for him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Bosa is fine and he's looking like a beast just like he was in college. Also, this video highlights why they won't be getting rid of Ingram a well. Both of Bosa's sacks came from the help of Ingram.

Could be quite a duo.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Bosa is fine and he's looking like a beast just like he was in college. Also, this video highlights why they won't be getting rid of Ingram a well. Both of Bosa's sacks came from the help of Ingram.

Could be quite a duo.

I wouldn't say he looks like a beast. Both of those sacks were the product of the QB trying to escape other players and nearly running into him. He had some good pressures, so I'm not saying he performed poorly outside of those sacks, just hardly beast status.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he looks like a beast. Both of those sacks were the product of the QB trying to escape other players and nearly running into him. He had some good pressures, so I'm not saying he performed poorly outside of those sacks, just hardly beast status.

First game, multiple pressures, 2 sacks. And you understand the one sack he got, he created the pressure right?

He's a beast. He's displaying exactly what was shown in college.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
And you understand the one sack he got, he created the pressure right?

Not really, the first play he was blocked completely out of the play. On the second sack, he beat his guy around the edge, and Carr stepped up like QBs routinely do, I honestly don't think it would count as a pressure if he were able to step up and throw a pass. The problem is, he stepped up like he was going to run, but then hesitated.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Could be quite a duo.

I really hope they let Ingram go. He would make a nasty RDE here and make for a nasty duo with Lawrence

They should keep him, but SD does have a cheap streak so you never know

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I still think we should trade what ever is left of Jerry's soul to get Myles Garrett. What's the going rate for a soul these days anyway?