...memo to Left Coast Hackett...

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
..so the old man....was done,gun shy,couldn't make the progessions...fire him,tell him to go hit golf balls in Elmont...well,BLEEP you Paul...GREAT job 16.... Cleveland next..

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh please, do you really think that Vinny had a great game?

We were playing the 30th rank defense and the 29th ranked offense.........

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ibis said:
..so the old man....was done,gun shy,couldn't make the progessions...fire him,tell him to go hit golf balls in Elmont...well,BLEEP you Paul...GREAT job 16.... Cleveland next..
LoL

It's CINCY next.

Cleveland has already been dispatched.

Detroit was down to some unlikely receivers today, but so were we.

Essentially the passing game was a very Hackett like reliance on Jason Witten, and Vin trying to thread it to Key.

The tv commentators made mention a very doubled teamed Key was not on his routes, but I saw him forced off them a few times. Without Terry, that so the kind of treatment we can expect KJ to get, but thankfully the running game was consistent enough to enable some play acton.

Hardly Vin's finest hour with those three picks, even if two were clearly on Key. But it's to Vin's credit, he came back from each of them, and maintained his aplomb.

This is the kind of offense we will need to perfect if we have any chance - fewer penalties, sutained drives, and not letting a setback cripple us and snowball.
Eddie George's stats are not what matters..the play action he enabled is.

I am happy with the WIN, and happy about VT's overall game today.

We are back to Tuna Ball, yawn fest tho it is (with a few gadgets thrown in)

But winning is the ONLY thing that really matters.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Very accurate recap LTN...

Parcells ball really isn't boring....Hacketball on the other hand...snooozerooo...

Interesting how we made the shift to our WR's after the Lions figured out they needed to cover Witten...

I thought today was a great blend of vet talent and young guys...first time this year...

The vets did the dirty work...and the young guys provided the spark...

Frazier two big plays...Lee a good kick return...Crayton a clutch catch when we needed it...and Nate Jones with a sack when we needed it..

George and Vinny did the boring stuff...but were effective...I think VT has played pretty well this year...two of those picks today were on Key, not Vinnie...

Key was up and down...whacky day...

I think we finally had a game where both you and I could be happy...

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
Oh please, do you really think that Vinny had a great game?

We were playing the 30th rank defense and the 29th ranked offense.........
...hey I understand you're MISTER COWBOY....you probably have seen all the Cowboy Quarterbacks starting with LeBaren...just how many of started when they were 41...how many of them were even on Rosters when they were 41...who's the best Dallas has produced...AIkman?...well,Vinny played against him out in Norman...beat his team Oklahoma like a drum...by the way just how many years has Aikman been out of the game?...have you SEEN the throws he's beeen making...did you see the last touch to Key....with the exception of Moon....who in the history of the League has played as well as Vinny at 41?...I know I know,MISTER COWBOY...you want the pizza guy or the third baseman..............you're going to have to wait a while....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ibis said:
...hey I understand you're MISTER COWBOY....you probably have seen all the Cowboy Quarterbacks starting with LeBaren...just how many of started when they were 41...how many of them were even on Rosters when they were 41...who's the best Dallas has produced...AIkman?...well,Vinny played against him out in Norman...beat his team Oklahoma like a drum...by the way just how many years has Aikman been out of the game?...have you SEEN the throws he's beeen making...did you see the last touch to Key....with the exception of Moon....who in the history of the League has played as well as Vinny at 41?...I know I know,MISTER COWBOY...you want the pizza guy or the third baseman..............you're going to have to wait a while....
It's the wasting of my time to be playing at 41 that gets me. There are plenty of guys who got out before his age who could have thrown it that well or better. Don't delude yourself.

How many INTs today? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I know that scares the pants off of you. That's why I do it. :rolleyes:

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
ibis said:

You're kidding right?

Comparing Vinny to Aikman? Guess who will be in the Hall of Fame and who won't............regardless of age?

He had a good game today, but he also had 3 interceptions, whether you want to blame him or not.

Please don't come in here and compare Vinnie with any of the great Cowboy QB's of the past.......

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
LoL

It's CINCY next.

Cleveland has already been dispatched.

Detroit was down to some unlikely receivers today, but so were we.

Essentially the passing game was a very Hackett like reliance on Jason Witten, and Vin trying to thread it to Key.

The tv commentators made mention a very doubled teamed Key was not on his routes, but I saw him forced off them a few times. Without Terry, that so the kind of treatment we can expect KJ to get, but thankfully the running game was consistent enough to enable some play acton.

Hardly Vin's finest hour with those three picks, even if two were clearly on Key. But it's to Vin's credit, he came back from each of them, and maintained his aplomb.

This is the kind of offense we will need to perfect if we have any chance - fewer penalties, sutained drives, and not letting a setback cripple us and snowball.
Eddie George's stats are not what matters..the play action he enabled is.

I am happy with the WIN, and happy about VT's overall game today.

We are back to Tuna Ball, yawn fest tho it is (with a few gadgets thrown in)

But winning is the ONLY thing that really matters.
yes,yes...his aplomb was maintained...I have never seeen that word used on a football board....I think I like it...look you know better than most,Vinny's a gunslinger....million dollar arm/ten cent head:Intercepterverde:colour blind....he's going to throw the ball into coverage..that's how he plays...so what...you want timid...go watch the Jets...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
You're kidding right?

Comparing Vinny to Aikman? Guess who will be in the Hall of Fame and who won't............regardless of age?

He had a good game today, but he also had 3 interceptions, whether you want to blame him or not.

Please don't come in here and compare Vinnie with any of the great Cowboy QB's of the past.......
Oh oh oh, Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter.

Aikman in the HOF and Vinny not. Am I right?

What do I win? :D

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
You're kidding right?

...his name is Vinny...

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
vinny was decent. he made some great throws and i could question two of those picks being his fault. but it's in the teams best interest to keep vinny outta of the situations where he HAS to throw.

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
It's the wasting of my time to be playing at 41 that gets me. There are plenty of guys who got out before his age who could have thrown it that well or better. Don't delude yourself.

How many INTs today? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I know that scares the pants off of you. That's why I do it. :rolleyes:
...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzreading you Dukee is like ingesting a magnum of choloform....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ibis said:
...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzreading you Dukee is like ingesting a magnum of choloform....
You should actually try the "chloroform" before you make that judgment. By the way, you inhale it not ingest it.

Go ahead, we'll all wait while you try it.

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You should actually try the "chloroform" before you make that judgment. By the way, you inhale it not ingest it.

Go ahead, we'll all wait while you try it.[/QUOTE I'mtrying to get a handle on you...and incidently,going belly to belly with The Major...he's eating your lunch...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ibis said:
Hostile said:

Go ahead, we'll all wait while you try it.[/QUOTE I'mtrying to get a handle on you...and incidently,going belly to belly with The Major...he's eating your lunch...
He's not even smelling he meal much less eating the lunch. I don't blame you for not knowing the difference. All that "chloroform" you've had to "ingest."