Merriweather

Verdict

Reaction score
It has been reported that the "U" safety, Merriweather, has had off the field "issues", which might hurt his draft status. It is also well known that the NFL intends to clamp down on players based upon off the field issues, with Pac Man Jones being the poster boy for that movement. I could see Merriweather's stock plummeting causing him to drop.

Does anyone see us trading down and getting him at a spot lower than 22, or moving up from our second round spot to pick him up as our second pick in the draft. Also, would taking him be worth the risk?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Verdict;1448668 said:
It has been reported that the "U" safety, Merriweather, has had off the field "issues", which might hurt his draft status. It is also well known that the NFL intends to clamp down on players based upon off the field issues, with Pac Man Jones being the poster boy for that movement. I could see Merriweather's stock plummeting causing him to drop.

Does anyone see us trading down and getting him at a spot lower than 22, or moving up from our second round spot to pick him up as our second pick in the draft. Also, would taking him be worth the risk?

He along with 4 other teammates repeatedly kicked an FIU player after the player slammed another teammate of his to the ground. the player was prone while they kicked him.

At his house just outside of the Miami campus, Meriweatehr said he saw a suspicious vehicle outside. he grabbed his gun and went to investigate at which point someone shot his roomate and teammate so he returned fire. no files were charged.

OTOH, hes got all the measurables and size, he was one of the best CBs in pratice at the senior bowl (note hes a safety) and he made a ton of plays at Miami. At 22, i would only pick him if a whole lot of other players wre off the board but i could see a scenario where i wouldnt be mad at picking him up.

He would help on the nickel and give hamlin a run for his money at free safety.

HardHittingRoy31

Reaction score
Verdict;1448668 said:

I think the Cowboys go Ross!:bow:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
HardHittingRoy31;1448681 said:
I think the Cowboys go Ross!:bow:

i hope not. if im watching college football its going to be longhorns football but the only corner i would want at 22 would be revis or if by some miracle hall fell.

Roughneck

Reaction score
It has been reported that the "U" safety, Merriweather, has had off the field "issues",
A player from scUM has off the field issues?

I am absolutely shocked.

What are you going to tell me next?

Philadelphia has no Super Bowl Titles?