Miami was not Magical for Cowboys

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Super Bowls in Miami proved to be anything but magical for our Cowboys.

FWST: RAY BUCK: Magic in Miami

Super Bowl XIII Steelers 35, Cowboys 31 Orange Bowl, Jan. 21, 1979

Terry Bradshaw's four touchdown passes in this game was a Super Bowl record until Joe Montana (five) and Steve Young (six) came along. The 66 total points still rank fourth all time. The Steelers, who led 21-14 at halftime, exploded for two fourth-quarter touchdowns in a span of 19 seconds (a Franco Harris run and a Lynn Swann catch. An ensuing 14-point rally by the Cowboys fell short, with Dallas failing to recover a last-gasp onside kick with 17 seconds remaining.

Super Bowl V Colts 16, Cowboys 13 Orange Bowl, Jan. 17, 1971

This was the first Super Bowl thriller. Baltimore rookie Jim O'Brien booted a 32-yard field goal with 5 seconds remaining. Prior to that, the big play of the game was a 75-yard touchdown pass from Johnny Unitas to Colts tight end John Mackey. The ball caromed off Colts receiver Eddie Hinton and Cowboys cornerback Mel Renfro... then settled into Mackey's hands, and suddenly the Cowboys' 7-0 lead was gone. Two facts from this game that few people remember: O'Brien had a second-quarter PAT kick blocked, and this was the first Super Bowl played on artificial turf.

Super Bowl X Steelers 21, Cowboys 17, Orange Bowl, Jan. 18, 1976

Another tough Cowboys loss. Roger Staubach threw two touchdown passes in the game and, on the final play, was gunning for a third which would've won it -- except the desperation throw was picked off in the end zone by Steelers safety Glen Edwards.

The Cowboys had closed to four points with 1:48 remaining when Staubach hit seldom-used Percy Howard for a 34-yard TD. Weird. That was Howard's only pass reception of his NFL career.

Aikbach

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1357635 said:
not me, I hate Miami because of Will Smith
WHy not Jamie Foxx? He's the one that made the lame Miami Vice movie.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;1357639 said:
WHy not Jamie Foxx? He's the one that made the lame Miami Vice movie.

I haven't seen it, but Miami by Will Smith is one of the most annoying songs ever

Aikbach

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1357643 said:
I haven't seen it, but Miami by Will Smith is one of the most annoying songs ever
I don't listen to modern music, it all seems to suck.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1357643 said:
no waiiii!!1111