Micah talking about refs

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Micah Parsons said sometimes when he tells an official that they missed a call, they tell him that he was away from the play or couldn’t make the play.

Parsons: “How are you telling me what (play) I can make? Are you in my body? You got my abilities? No, YOU can’t make that play. I’m a little different. I think I can make every play if I’m near the ball.”

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Micah Parsons said sometimes when he tells an official that they missed a call, they tell him that he was away from the play or couldn’t make the play.

Parsons: “How are you telling me what (play) I can make? Are you in my body? You got my abilities? No, YOU can’t make that play. I’m a little different. I think I can make every play if I’m near the ball.”

Felt that was the case on a run to the right by Hurts on sunday. Micah tried to disengage from the blocker, was clearly held and after the play went looking for the call. I think they assumed the Parsons couldn't have made the play, but it's a play we've seen Parsons make before because of his pursuit speed. Thankfully, Hurts had to slide down because of other defenders.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

true

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Officials claim they ignore violations with no impact on the play. That’s fine. But it sure seems to lend some merit to Mahomes’s outburst.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Yeah, when he sacked Hurts and two guys were bear-hugging him from both sides at the time, I was shocked they did not throw a flag for it even if the Cowboys would have declined it.
Don't you know, according to the ref he was too far away to make a play.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Simone Biles effect. She can’t do a routine in competition because no one else can do it, so they ban it. Micah would get a hold call every play, so they don’t call it :angry:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don’t see how anyone can disagree with Micah. BS excuse by the official.
It's not an excuse. It's an exception note that's in the holding rules themselves. Would like to see what play Parsons is referring to when he was told that.

Blocking Notes:
(1) When a defensive player is held by an offensive player during the following situations, Offensive holding will not be called:
(a) if the runner is being tackled simultaneously by any defensive player;
(b) if the runner simultaneously goes out of bounds;
(c) if a fair catch is made simultaneously;
(e) if the action occurs away from the point of attack and not within close-line play;
(f) if a free kick results in a touchback;
(g) if a scrimmage kick simultaneously becomes a touchback;
(h) if the action is part of a double team block, unless the defender splits the double team, gets to the outside of either
blocker, or is taken to the ground; or
(i) if, during a defensive charge, a defensive player uses a “rip” technique that puts an offensive player in a position
that would normally be holding, unless and until the defender’s feet are taken away from him by the blocker’s action.
(2) If a blocker falls on or pushes down a defender whose momentum is carrying him to the ground, Offensive holding will
not be called unless the blocker prevents the defender from rising from the ground.
(3) If the official has not seen the entire action that sends a defender to the ground, Offensive holding will not be called.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Micah just saying, he's Batman in Dallas uni. ;)..