Mickey: Edoga dislocated left big toe, out 6 to 12 weeks

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Good riddance. I paid a fortune for tickets for Christmas Eve game last year in Miami and this bum was a turnstyle, allowing the Fins' RDE to be in Dak's face all game.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Losing Bostick and Edoga within 4 days.

Having a come-to-Jesus moment yesterday (at least if Broaddus' evaluation is salient), and seeing Guyton and Richards both turn in an underwhelming performance versus Rams d-line starters.

Finally legitimately fortifying the 1-tech position via trade. Signing a vet with some history that suggests he can, indeed, fill Dante Fowler's shoes. Clearly, or so it seems, we're at a place in the road that initial evaluations are done, and it's seriously time to begin working toward a real 53-man.

Reasons to think maybe just maybe we finally fortify that LT spot with a vet with some history that suggests he can, indeed, help fill Tyron Smith's shoes. David Bakhtiari, come on down... you're the next contestant on the Price is Right.

John813

Reaction score
A real football player would cut off that toe and get back on the field the next day.

Soft *** Millennials.

jk

I think Richards will be our swing OT and will get more games without losing some reps to show that.

Sydla

Reaction score

Having a come-to-Jesus moment yesterday (at least if Broaddus' evaluation is salient), and seeing Guyton and Richards both turn in an underwhelming performance versus Rams d-line starters.

Finally legitimately fortifying the 1-tech position via trade. Signing a vet with some history that suggests he can, indeed, fill Dante Fowler's shoes. Clearly, or so it seems, we're at a place in the road that initial evaluations are done, and it's seriously time to begin working toward a real 53-man.

Reasons to think maybe just maybe we finally fortify that LT spot with a vet with some history that suggests he can, indeed, help fill Tyron Smith's shoes. David Bakhtiari, come on down... you're the next contestant on the Price is Right.
Guyton had an underwhelming performance?

I honestly haven't followed other than PFF saying he got a high graded of 81 or something.

reddyuta

Reaction score

not sure i would trust Broaodus with any evaluation,Guyton looked good in all videos i saw against the Rams and especially Verse.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think Edoga is Swahili for "brittle". I think it's time to go with the young guys anyway. Give Guyton the nod and let him learn on the job. Give him TE help if necessary but let him get the experience this year.

Move Asim Richards outside again. I think he has the ability to play out there but he also needs experience. I have never been a fan of Edoga. He seems unreliable.

blueblood70

Reaction score

OK you think the couple reports you heard of our offensive line and forget there was equal video provided that Guyton won many of those battles, i watched many Leslie videos and both sides won and lost some battels... besides the fact that having seen the rams for two scrimmages and a preseason game, 3 weeks in row they start figuring each other out...glad its over fights are starting and need to break camp..

BUT, No surprise MR. Stuart little the sky is falling cherry picking the negatives out of the stories yesterday. Oh, and they picked up the UFL OT yesterday as well.. . Phillips and Lawson as well.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Look. Accuse me of a lot of things, but don't accuse me of making things up, boys and girls...

Guyton and Richards had a tough day yesterday. Not my words.

Sydla

Reaction score
Look. Accuse me of a lot of things, but don't accuse me of making things up, boys and girls...

Guyton and Richards had a tough day yesterday. Not my words.

It was in practice? My bad.

I was just citing the PFF rating from the actual game.

But also in fairness, Broaddus sometimes loves to play up the negative. I guess he thinks it makes him look more credible. He talks about Guyton getting beat by Verse and replaced by Richards but then says "hey be careful of the videos where Guyton is looking good.............." Huh? So a rookie had some up plays and some down plays? And then the rookie looked pretty decent in the actual preseason game?

Praxit

Reaction score
..basically, ballparking around two months. Time for Guyton to take the job.

You know, NEVER take out the hot hand, if its there.

slick325

Reaction score
Man, 6 to 12 weeks sucks. I wonder if he will receive an injury settlement or if they will stick with him?

If Richards shows something during these next few weeks, I'd roll with him as the swing tackle and let Edoga go.

_sturt_

Reaction score
It was in practice? My bad.

I was just citing the PFF rating from the actual game.

But also in fairness, Broaddus sometimes loves to play up the negative. I guess he thinks it makes him look more credible. He talks about Guyton getting beat by Verse and replaced by Richards but then says "hey be careful of the videos where Guyton is looking good.............." Huh? So a rookie had some up plays and some down plays? And then the rookie looked pretty decent in the actual preseason game?
First, just to be clear, I wasn't calling out you or any one particular person who'd replied... wasn't totally certain whether anyone even deserved to be called out, so I went the generic boys and girls route. :)

But yes, I did make the presumption that we would have that day's work vs. the Rams at the forefront of our minds.

And yes, we should not make Broaddus' conclusions the end-all-be-all... I've made the observation myself that teams employ multiple scouts, not just one, recognizing in part the benefit of using multiple informed observers' subjective opinions to come to conclusions.

(But I'll take Broaddus' conclusions ahead of practically anyone else in Cowboys media, of course, on the basis that he's actually received a paycheck from multiple teams because of regard for his acumen.)

However, whereas you appear to think Broaddus is just posing for the purposes of image ("makes him look more credible"), why is it so wrong to think Broaddus is social media connected, and is simply responding to the apparent widespread conclusion that we can celebrate Guyton already as a success... that whereas all of the clips getting posted show Guyton in a good light, there have been plays that didn't get posted giving reason for pause.

Finally, it's not clear to me (so educate me if you know different) that Guyton had 21 snaps against Rams defensive line starters on Sunday. It is clear to me that, no matter when Guyton takes on Verse... "actual preseason game"... or yesterday's managed practice... it's worthy of note what happens. Goes without saying, your starting LT is judged differently than their starting OLB... it's not "oh well, had some good plays, had some bad plays"... your starting LT only needs to be bad in pass pro two or three times, and he's judged as inconsistent and vulnerable... and while there may be a little more latitude on runnng plays, not much. Guyton's being treated by a lot of fans already as another Tyler Smith, when that's just absurd. A lot yet to prove.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guyton did have some issues on the one on one drills early on. But improved as the day went on and looked good with the 7 on 7 drills. One thing that has surprised some, in a good way, was his run blocking. Also said in some pass block sets he extends too much but his feet and athletic ability has let him adjust and make the play. If he can shore up some of those issues I think he will be ok.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Edoga sucks. Seriously what is it with that guy. So much support. He sucked. Richards is much better so hopefully he becomes our swing guy.

Guyton…1 game but I liked what I saw. How the hell was Edoga ever considered a contender for LT? Seriously.