mickey on the fan thursday morning, Merry XMAS Zoners! joe

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
mickey; talked about when he was a kid using sleds and holding onto bumpers of cars to pull you down the street;

mickey; deion has a strepped throat, and had a busted burst sac on his knee, and cant seem to get rid of cold or strep throat, so they sent him home so others might not catch it; wade said he didnt play that well last week, so they may not play him if he cant practice today. They have all 3 TE's now so they probably will go that way in blocking, etc.

mickey; well not just how healthy he is now but with tony but he was injured some last year along with felix,and marion was injured last year, with kosier, and thats why its so important to do some business in the playoffs this year because they have some uncommon health with most of the players this year. That most of the times NFL teams dont make the playoffs because of serious compounded injuries on the team that year.

mickey; he only needs 114 yards passing to get to 4,000 yards in 3 years; his numbers translate to wins; well you know what he has played at a pretty high level and how he has protected the football,

mickey; with the skins i think they were beat up menatallly and physically with the skins like with jerry gray interviewing for head coaches job, zorn possibly losing his job, the gm firing and hiring and they have so many problems right now with zorn, haynesworth, their offensive line, rb etc that the cowboys just need to go in their and make a statement by putting the skins away early and then the skins will just go away and wait for next year;

practice will be like a lighter practice, wont be like the full walkthrough that they will have saturday before they leave for washington; because if you practice on christmas day listening to wade, you get 3 fulll days of practice and better concentration by the cowboys players instead if you had them come in late on christmas day and their minds might not be on practice with some lingering effects=paraphrasing here.

thats it, i think the announcer said wade will have a press conf at 10;30 so if they do i will or maybe someone else can post it;

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If Tony had started all of 2006, he would have 4 straight years of 4000+ yards passing. I never thought I'd see the day of that in Dallas since we are not a WCO team.

Amazing.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
Hostile;3170003 said:
If Tony had started all of 2006, he would have 4 straight years of 4000+ yards passing. I never thought I'd see the day of that in Dallas since we are not a WCO team.

Amazing.

Did tony have 4k last year too? I thought he just missed it cause of the 3 games he missed?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
jchocolate82;3170023 said:
Did tony have 4k last year too? I thought he just missed it cause of the 3 games he missed?

That's what he said.

BHendri5

Reaction score
2006 he threw for 2,903 yds and 13 Ints
2007 he threw for 4,211, 19 Ints
2008 he threw for 3,448, and 14 Ints
so far this season he is at 3,886 and he has 7 Ints

so when he goes over the 4K mark this season it will be his second time in the 3 1/2 yrs he has been starting

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Joe, was he talkin about deon anderson having a bursa sack rupture? That's not great news. I know he dont play a ton of snaps, but that injury can be a problem....more of a nuisance. The swelling is unreal, but not a longterm thing. I hope he can get back for the skins....or at the very least the eaglets.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
trueblue1687;3170087 said:
Joe, was he talkin about deon anderson having a bursa sack rupture? That's not great news. I know he dont play a ton of snaps, but that injury can be a problem....more of a nuisance. The swelling is unreal, but not a longterm thing. I hope he can get back for the skins....or at the very least the eaglets.

yes thats on his knee right?

i didnt know how you spell that, so i guessed;

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BHendri5;3170065 said:

so when he goes over the 4K mark this season it will be his second time in the 3 1/2 yrs he has been starting

exactly, tony romo just needs 114 yards to reach 4,000 again,

jchocolate82

Reaction score
BHendri5;3170065 said:

thats what I thought cause missing 3 games and still going over 4k would definitely be a feat but he still had good yardage for the time he missed.