Microsoft Excel Geniuses

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Alright, most everyone knows the baseball season is starting up and it has to do with my question about Excel.

Last year, in my fantasy league, we had this guy that was a genius in Excel and put every player in the MLB in a spreadsheet and ended up doing a bunch of statistics with it. When he created it, it blew all of our minds (if you want to take a look at what he did, theres a link at the bottom to download, only 1.71 MB )

I have a copy of the spreadsheet he used last year but am totally clueless on how he developed it. I was wondering if an Excel genius existed in here that could possibly update this spreadsheet to current MLB players, current stats, and currents rosters based on my fantasy league. I would send the copy of his spreadsheet via email and then provide them with any necessary information they might need.

To download his spreadsheet; http://www.mediafire.com/?000gimmjgnz

Anyone help?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
You can just highlight, copy, and paste the stats into an excel sheet. I do this with NFL.com all the time.

ajk23az

Reaction score
theogt;3331783 said:
You can just highlight, copy, and paste the stats into an excel sheet. I do this with NFL.com all the time.

He had a complete alpha list that automatically updated throughout the whole year though. How would a person do that?

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
theogt;3331783 said:

OMG yo'ur not allowed to post at all!11!!!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ajk23az;3331785 said:
He had a complete alpha list that automatically updated throughout the whole year though. How would a person do that?
I've heard of people using codes to rip from a website, but I don't know anything about automated updates. Sounds pretty nifty.

masomenos85;3331786 said:
OMG yo'ur not allowed to post at all!11!!!
????

ajk23az

Reaction score
theogt;3331793 said:
Cripes, that's some serious statistical work. I wish I liked baseball, I'd love doing that. I just can't stand baseball.

I'm obsessed with baseball stats and that's why I want to figure out how to do this.

What I would like to get is, each player from each persons roster and than do somewhat like he did. I could do it by entering each stat in over and over every week, but that would take me absolutely forever to do. :cool: