Middle of the pack free agent Lineman

1Ware1

Reaction score
I would say that John Runyan,Kevin Muwaii(spelling) and Matt Stinchcomb would be good fits here.I know everybody questions these fellows ages,but I can remember when Derrick Kinnard a wiley overweight old lineman signed here and propelled us into a superbowl.Beisdes doesn't Runyan own Strahan?
Maybe with these older gents they can show the younger lineman a thing or two about blocking.I am a strong beleiver that we should dump all of our extra cap money into the offensive line after of course we sign our studs on defense of course.I mean come on,I think Orlando Pace was the last start right away and make an impact ofensive lineman and even he wasn't that stellar his first year.
A good line on paper for me next year would be Flo(T)-Allen(G)- Mawaii(c)-Bentley(g)-Runyan/Stinchcolm(t),then have Pettitie,Gurode and Rivera rotateing to with them to keep them fresh or for backups.
If I am not mistaken the 93-94 cowboys team rotated offensive lineman everyother play and didn't 3 of the backups end up starting for other teams when they left?(Ron Stone).
It takes awhile for rookie offensive line players to become great players and I can only see our fix for now comeing in free agency.Even the great prospect Debrickenshaw Furgeson will struggle alot this year.Look how manny high draft line man turn into busts.I mean come on if we have a loaded up line middle of the pack rb's,qb's,and receivers suddenly become stars and superstars

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but hasn't Stinchcomb mostly played G over his career? Would that mean he might not have the mobility to play T?

Ashwynn

Reaction score
LT Mark Tuinei
LG Nate Newton
C Mark Stepnoski (13)
Frank Cornish (3)
RG Kevin Gogan
RT Erik Williams

That was our Olineup. I dont think we rotated in every othe play. I think we rode these studs all the way to the Superbowl.

1Ware1

Reaction score
i think i am confused with the 95 team,Derrick Kinnard did start and Gogan(oak),Stone(NYG),andStepnoski(Houst).Did go on and start for other teams.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Runyan owns Strahan???
That's funny.
It's the other way around. Big time.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Kennard propelled us? more like he was so fat that when guys tried to rush the QB there simply wasn't any way to get around him without running into a guard.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
J-DOG said:
Runyan owns Strahan???
That's funny.
It's the other way around. Big time.
Just checked the stats for the past five years and it does look like Strahan owns Runyan.