Midterm evaluations for all 32 teams

Rackat

Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7388280?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10637

A+

New England: Bill Belichick's team is just drubbing the opposition. It's almost unfair how amazing they are. Tom Brady is enjoying a season for the ages and clearly the leader for league MVP. The dominance of the passing attack, including the magic of Randy Moss, the skill of Wes Welker, the speed of Donte' Stallworth, and the power and cohesiveness of the offensive line, was on display against Cleveland, Dallas, Miami and especially Washington in the second quarter of the season. Oh yeah — if you have a problem with the Patriots scoring so much in the fourth quarter, why don't you play some defense?

Indianapolis: Center Jeff Saturday summed it up best when he told us, "We are more complete than at any point during the Super Bowl run." Peyton Manning's accuracy and decision making is pinpoint. Bob Sanders is the leading candidate for defensive player of the year. And how about the role players? Dallas Clark is a touchdown machine. Kenton Keith has emerged as a legit No. 2 back. Undrafted rookie Ed Johnson changed the Week 7 statement win in Jacksonville when he sacked David Garrard. Marlin Jackson has become an impact corner. Tony Dungy's bunch won at Tennessee, Houston and Jacksonville in the first half after losing every game on the road in the division last year. And the Colts still face all three teams in Indy. This is highly impressive.

A

Dallas: A sign of great teams is winning when you don't play your best. This was certainly the case for 6-1 Dallas on Monday Night Football against the Bills in the game of the year so far. The Cowboys hung with New England for three quarters in their only loss. Dallas, propelled by Tony Romo, Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, is clearly the best team in the NFC in this first half of the season. The Cowboys also secured their future by giving Romo a hefty extension.

Packers: Is there a better way to end a first half? Brett Favre throws a game-winning bomb to Greg Jennings on the first play from scrimmage in overtime to beat the Broncos in majestic fashion. It was simply classic. Mike McCarthy's Packers are a highly impressive 6-1, fueled by great play from the defense all season long.

Tennessee: Jeff Fisher's Titans are so supremely coached and poised. It's why they survived sweaty games against the Texans in Week 7 and Raiders in Week 8. Tennessee is simply dominant up front on both offense and defense, fueled by Kevin Mawae and the underrated offensive line, while Albert Haynesworth leads a reborn defensive line. Behind Mawae and Co., and with an improved work ethic, LenDale White has strung together back-to-back 100 yard rushing games in dominant fashion.

New York Giants: Tom Coughlin's outfit is enjoying a six-game win streak. They have been extraordinary in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Osi Umenyiora has been one of the best players in the league. Please don't over analyze the strength of schedule for New York. In the past, the Giants would've lost some of the games against Philadelphia, Atlanta, San Francisco and Miami. A perfect second quarter is a perfect quarter.

Detroit: The Lions are 5-2. Rod Marinelli's opportunistic bunch made game-changing defensive plays in statement wins against the Bucs at home and in Chicago. End Dewayne White is thriving. Mike Martz has made the proper adjustments by using Kevin Jones to pound the rock. Jon Kitna is the classic leader who keeps it all together. Who knows? Maybe we shouldn't have laughed at Kitna's 10 win prediction! So far the joke is on the critics, like your's truly.

Pittsburgh: Just like I didn't fault Pittsburgh for losing in Arizona in the first quarter of the season, I won't criticize Mike Tomlin's 5-2 Steelers for dropping a road game in Denver by three points in Week 7. Pittsburgh, propelled by Ben Roethlisberger, Willie Parker and Hines Ward, bounced back nicely with a huge division road win in Cincy in Week 8.
Jacksonville: They bounced back from the Week 7 disaster on national TV against the Colts to go on the road and beat the Bucs with Quinn Gray, starting for an injured Dave Garrard. Jack Del Rio's defense frustrated Jeff Garcia, forcing the quarterback into his only picks of the season. It was a classic Jaguar effort. Second quarter wins in Kansas City and the pounding of rival Houston were impressive. Rashean Mathis, Paul Spicer, and Mike Peterson are big reasons why this team is 5-2.

Follow the link to see the rest.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rackat;1741572 said:
Pittsburgh: Just like I didn't fault Pittsburgh for losing in Arizona in the first quarter of the season, I won't criticize Mike Tomlin's 5-2 Steelers for dropping a road game in Denver by three points in Week 7. Pittsburgh, propelled by Ben Roethlisberger, Willie Parker and Hines Ward, bounced back nicely with a huge division road win in Cincy in Week 8.
If we lost to Arizona and lost to a very average Denver the critics would be all over us. Beating a 2-5 Cincy doesn't impress me either. Neither was beating Cleveland in week one, Buffalo in week two or beating San Fran in week three. Looking at their schedule it's clear they will win a lot of games. But I think they are over rated.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1741606 said:
If we lost to Arizona and lost to a very average Denver the critics would be all over us. Beating a 2-5 Cincy doesn't impress me either. Neither was beating Cleveland in week one, Buffalo in week two or beating San Fran in week three. Looking at their schedule it's clear they will win a lot of games. But I think they are over rated.

I agree. I've only watched the Cleveland and Cincy games, but Pittsburg did nothing to impress me in either. Cincy's defense might be one of the worst I've ever watched.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Grading appears to be very, very generous.

There is noway some of those teams deserves A.

Packers lacks running game

Titans offense is atroucious

Steelers lost to Cards

Jags lost to woeful offensive team, Titans.

These teams should be in B to B+ range, not A.

WarC

Reaction score
To be honest I don't think we should be an A, either.

More like a B/B+.

Defense needs to get 'er done against a good QB before I go ranking us an A.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WarC;1741743 said:
To be honest I don't think we should be an A, either.

More like a B/B+.

Defense needs to get 'er done against a good QB before I go ranking us an A.

We're 6-1 with the highest ranked offense and the highest ranked defense in the NFC. There's no way to give this team less than an A for the first half. We'll see what happens the rest of the way.

On a side note, what kind of a witch is Jeff Fisher, anyway, to be where he is with that team in Tennessee? That guy's a great coach.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1741606 said:

Using your logic, beating Miami, Buffalo, and St. Louis puts use right there with Pittsburgh. As a team, all you can do is play the teams that are on your schedule. I personally could care less what these so-called football experts think. If they had their way, New England would already have this year's Lombardi Trophy in their hands. All 32 teams are made up of professionals getting paid big money to perform. A win in the NFL is special no matter which team you are playing. Before this season is over, the Rams and Dolphins will have won at least two games, while New England and Indianapolis will both have lost a game or two (New England gets its first loss tomorrow thanks to the Colts). Cincinatti has to be the most over rated team ever. They have yet to win anything, but are always spoke of as Super Bowl favorites at the start of the season. They are a joke, period!