Twitter: Mike Lombardi on Dallas - Seahawks

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
good win. I take it. but the defense struggled badly. the secondary was abused. however, they had a great game plan and they are three deep at WR with great WRs. Bland struggled. we struggled with their WRs size, speed.

and as someone said, when we create pressure we are good, but when we struggle there, then the secondary is vunerable. Kearse is struggling. Lewis despite a couple of 4th down plays, is struggling. Bland had a bad night. and our Safties are non-existent.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I like the part where Lombardi says it was a heavyweight fight, some games are going to be like that. SEA is in Playoff hunt mode, that's a desperate team, so you a Playoff type shootout.
Absolutely. That was Seattle’s best gameplan, effort, and execution and the game meant far more to their playoff hopes than Dallas’.

The Cowboys (who did not play their best ball) just took a decent team’s best shot, withstood it, and grinded until they got the win

They made the plays when they needed to. Gutsy win and now the pressure on Philly increases dramatically.

Should they lose to SF and then Dallas— the pressure not to lose the division gets even more intense.

Gonna be a fun ride to the finish. And even should Philly hold onto the division title, Dallas is playing with a ton of confidence and fight as the 5th seed.

Dak is playing out of his mind

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The idea that Dallas is going to "fix" defensive issues is mythology.

It's the same defensive script they lose with all the time - play man coverage on third down and just hope the other team can't complete a pass. Good teams kill them on that.

visionary

Reaction score
That was a very well played out game. The Cowboys won...and now are preparing starting today, for the Eagle's game. They should have plenty of film and rehearsal time to prepare and do something about penalties.
The coaches need to start todsy

These players need a few days off to let their body and mind recover from this brutal stretch

Creeper

Reaction score
Sometimes you have games like this. There is no explanation, it just happens. But the pass rush was not as bad as some are claiming. They got pressure on Geno on about 60% of pass plays. He was getting rid of the ball more quickly than he has any game this season according to NextGen stats. The pass rush was there at the end. The problem to me is the coverage does not match the DL. Knowing the DL forces QB to make quick decisions why not get up in the receivers faces and take away the quick passes? I get that Metcalf is a big strong due and bumping him is a lost cause, you double him and plan press man on the smaller guys. The Cowboys tend to play a little soft. Why not at least try it once in a while.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seattle came in with EVERYTHING at stake, the season etc.They played about as well as they can and came up short. We played just about as bad as we could defensively and escaped. I put much of this on DQ. I think playing man defense was a bad miscalculation.

silvernblu

Reaction score
The coaches need to start todsy

These players need a few days off to let their body and mind recover from this brutal stretch
It really is a brutal stretch. I don’t like this Thursday after TG tradition the league started after TNF became a thing.

That used to be our advantage. Win TG and have a mini bye week.

They don’t make Detroit do this. It should, at the least, alternate.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Much like the eagals have been doing, we survived a game. I'll gladly take the win!