Mike Martz "Doesn't want to be an OC"

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I say if the Tuna decides to bow out Jerry should hop hot & heavy onto Martz. That would equate to and instant offensive upgrade. Hire Martz, bring in a young fiery QB, and you're talking blowout city. We already have the defense. With a year under their belts Canty, Spears, and Ware will be forces to be reckoned with next year. I agree with everyone else though with regards to FS. Get a replacement for Toast Davis. :eek::

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Bleu Star said:
I say if the Tuna decides to bow out Jerry should hop hot & heavy onto Martz. That would equate to and instant offensive upgrade. Hire Martz, bring in a young fiery QB, and you're talking blowout city. We already have the defense. With a year under their belts Canty, Spears, and Ware will be forces to be reckoned with next year. I agree with everyone else though with regards to FS. Get a replacement for Toast Davis. :eek::
:welcome:

And no more likely than not it wont happen. Martz's style is a bit too run'n shoot for BP's tastes. We do need some improvements and if they are made this offseason we are instant contenders.

Hiero

Reaction score
Well, maybe if nobody wants to hire him at HC he'd OC for us. I would not mind that, but I dont see it happening.

Duane

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone.

Martz has never done much for me as HC. It seemed like he rode Vermiles coat tails and the team has slipped a little bit each year since then.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope BP figures out what he wants to do quickly before viable candidates become spoken for. Don't get me wrong. I would like nothing more than for BP to come back refreshed and ready to lead this team to the promise land next year. He just looked so indifferent that last game. Perhaps it was the wear and tear of a season. Perhaps it was losing too many close ones. Perhaps he's really considering retirement. I just hope we hear something soon.

As much as I hated Martz I always respected the offensive firepower his teams possessed. Sure, he rode the coattails of Vermeil for awhile but after Vermeil left he did a pretty good job of keeping that team at the top of the pecking order for the last few years with the exception of this injury riddled year.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I think Martz or Haslett goes to Oakland.

Martz would fit in there, because he throws all the damn time.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Can you send me Tory Holt and Orlando Pace instead? Our QB is fine.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Duane said:
Welcome to the Zone.

Martz has never done much for me as HC. It seemed like he rode Vermiles coat tails and the team has slipped a little bit each year since then.

Plus, by reports out of St. Louis he is a borderline certifiable lunatic...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
No way Martz would fit in with the personel we already have in place and we might as well trade JJ because he would never use him.

scottyb

Reaction score
Martz is not just a lunitic, is an idiot too... He had the super bowl won, and blew it by not running the ball, then said he thought he ran to much....He has way to big of an ego, he thinks he is a god.There is no way I would ever want him as a any kind of coach.

Tex

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
No way Martz would fit in with the personel we already have in place and we might as well trade JJ because he would never use him.

seemed to use Faulk just fine?

Tex

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Tex said:
seemed to use Faulk just fine?

Tex
Faulk is a different type of player than JJ. Faulk can catch the ball much than JJ at this point in his career.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wow. Martz here. At least we'd have something different to complain about. Martz is a great offensive mind. He just doesn't fit with our O at all.