Mike Shanahan admitted he'd look into acquiring Terrell Owens

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Since the Broncos veterans would sign off on bringing in Terrell Owens, Mike Shanahan admitted he'd look into acquiring him.
Since Owens is still an Eagle, Shanahan can't talk specifically about T.O. "For a guy to come into our locker room, the veterans will let him know what it takes to play for this organization." To us, Denver and Miami are the clear favorites to go after Owens.

Jan. 25 - 11:28 am et
Source: Denver Post

CoCo

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Since the Broncos veterans would sign off on bringing in Terrell Owens, Mike Shanahan admitted he'd look into acquiring him.
Since Owens is still an Eagle, Shanahan can't talk specifically about T.O. "For a guy to come into our locker room, the veterans will let him know what it takes to play for this organization." To us, Denver and Miami are the clear favorites to go after Owens.

I heard a tape of Shanny talking about TO from several weeks back and he says "Absolutely not." He supposedly turned down TO back when SF was trying to trade him.

Its also worth noting however that Mark Schlereth (who worships at the Bronco alter) recently recounted how several years ago Shanahan ripped Dale Carter's character (then a Chief) and announced to his team that a player like that could NEVER play for the Broncos. And then of course he signed him as a FA next offseason.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Gryphon said:

It does make sense for them, if they can controll TO...doubt it.

But Rod Smith is getting up there in age, well TO is too, but he's got more left than Rod.

Denver really is realistacly a piece away from competing for the SB.

It makes sense, if they wanna risk it.

One thing about Shanny, he is the only coach TO will have played for to obtain a ring as a HC, so he may be able to flex the "i know how to win" thing

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey better still....I don't want TO on my team...but I'd also rather not have to play against him too often...so Miami and Denver both work very nicely.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
As long as Jake Plummer is the quarterback of that team they won't be winning a Super Bowl.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i don't know why but i just have a feeling that if a contender signs him then he will take that team to the SB and everyone will love him again. Also i still don't know why people complain about T.O. I mean he ruined 2 of our hated rivals, Cowboys fans should love him

david_jackson

Reaction score
Everyone knows TO is a cancer, but after this last season's antics he is probably good for one season before he destroys his team. Maybe for Denver they figure he would get them the superbowl and would be worth the long term consequences on team chemistry.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Any coach, including Parcells, that says they have no interest in Owens are probably thinking the excact opposite. They might not want to trade for him right now, but I guarantee they will go after him if he gets cut. It is too much of a risk to have to give away a player to get T.O., and then take on his current contractual obligtions, which i highly doubt he will want to restructure. So those coaches don't have any interest in trading for him...too much risk for the reward. But just wait until he is cut, and I guarantee that the coaches that are passing on him now will be on him like stank on a wet dog. By signing him, the coaches can structure their own contract, meaning that he won't cost as much, plus they won't have to give up anybody to get him.

I still says Parcells and Jones wants him, no matter how much they try to deny it to the media.

;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
As long as Jake Plummer is the quarterback of that team they won't be winning a Super Bowl.

You took the words right outta my mouth. I think the people of Denver feel the same way.

They hid and controlled Plummer during season and he let loose in Title game and BLEW IT. Just like I knew he could.

jimmy40

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: Ain't it the truth.

onetrickpony

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
By signing him, the coaches can structure their own contract, meaning that he won't cost as much

I don't know about that. Remember that his whole problem in Filthy started over a money dispute. TO wanted more and the Eagles were holding him to his contract.

I just can't fore see any scenario where TO signs a cap friendly contract anywhere. He wants it all, big up front bonus and big yearly salary. He didn't sign with Rosenhaus for nothing.

Regardless, I hope he ends up in the AFC somewhere. NO2TO

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Gryphon said:

T.O. in Denver would be a perfect fit. His Ego and the city are both a mile high;)