Mike Tice as new OL coach

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think Pollack is one of the coaches with an expiring contract. 2016 was his 2nd year as full-time OL coach. Assuming Linehan stays, could we look at replacing OL coach. Tice has worked wonders with Raiders OL ( google it ). There's also plenty connection between him and Linehan ( see below). Why not hire him as both OL coach AND running game coordinator, similar to Callahan titles before he left. The same set-up where DeMarco Murray's career took off. Also, his experience as a former HC and OC shouldn't hurt........

Breaking down Oakland’s reported Tice-Downing issue
ByTed Nguyen
Posted on Dec 28, 201

https://www.fanragsports.com/breaking-down-oaklands-reported-tice-downing-issue/

Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer reported that there is unrest within the Oakland Raiders coaching staff and singled out offensive line coach Mike Tice as being a “divisive force.”

“And just as chemistry in the locker room hasn’t been the same, the mix within the ranks of Jack Del Rio’s assistants isn’t ideal right now either, so Musgrave might not be the only one gone. Line coach Mike Tice, seen as a divisive force whose unit was a strength in 2016 and isn’t one now, could also be on the chopping block.”

Breer didn’t mention why Tice was being divisive or what Tice did to cause this but this has caused speculation that maybe Tice is unhappy with working under offensive coordinator Todd Downing who is much younger than him and far less experienced

Coaching tree[edit]
NFL head coaches under whom Mike Tice has served:

Assistant coaches under Tice who have become NFL head coaches:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could be wrong but I think Pollack is one of the coaches with an expiring contract. 2016 was his 2nd year as full-time OL coach. Assuming Linehan stays, could we look at replacing OL coach. Tice has worked wonders with Raiders OL ( google it ). There's also plenty connection between him and Linehan ( see below). Why not hire him as both OL coach AND running game coordinator, similar to Callahan titles before he left. The same set-up where DeMarco Murray's career took off. Also, his experience as a former HC and OC shouldn't hurt........

Breaking down Oakland’s reported Tice-Downing issue
ByTed Nguyen
Posted on Dec 28, 201

https://www.fanragsports.com/breaking-down-oaklands-reported-tice-downing-issue/

Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer reported that there is unrest within the Oakland Raiders coaching staff and singled out offensive line coach Mike Tice as being a “divisive force.”

“And just as chemistry in the locker room hasn’t been the same, the mix within the ranks of Jack Del Rio’s assistants isn’t ideal right now either, so Musgrave might not be the only one gone. Line coach Mike Tice, seen as a divisive force whose unit was a strength in 2016 and isn’t one now, could also be on the chopping block.”

Breer didn’t mention why Tice was being divisive or what Tice did to cause this but this has caused speculation that maybe Tice is unhappy with working under offensive coordinator Todd Downing who is much younger than him and far less experienced

Coaching tree[edit]
NFL head coaches under whom Mike Tice has served:

Assistant coaches under Tice who have become NFL head coaches:

Does he use zone blocking?

I seem to recall Tice having personality conflicts before.