Mike Williams

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jterrell said:
I agree.

While I am not sure he will run fast or be a star in the league, I am sure he isn't an idiot like Moss or even TO.

If he does run a 4.43 there's no doubt he goes at least with our pick.

That's a notoriously slow track at Indy...

He may run 4.65 4.7 on that track...

ghst187

Reaction score
I hope MW runs so slowly that he's the 3rd WR taken...

MW will be a nightmare for secondaries. You can't really cover him. There's always some place a QB can put the ball where he can get it. He's too big, too athletic, and has too great of hands. Then, he'll kill some 180 CB after the catch with a stiff arm.
IMO, he could be the best player from this entire draft.
I'd even consider offering both firsts to move up and get him.
If he's gone at 11....I think we can pull some trade downs and get what we want. I like Merriman a lot between 14 and 18.

Bobo

Reaction score
Wasn't Williams timed at the combine last year in the mid 4.5's? At least I think it was at Indy and not at some Pro Day (with a track that's most likely faster).

trickblue

Reaction score
Bobo said:
Wasn't Williams timed at the combine last year in the mid 4.5's? At least I think it was at Indy and not at some Pro Day (with a track that's most likely faster).

something in the 4.5's would be nice for his size on that track...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
No one will be running a 4.2 on that track, especially Edwards.

A low 4.3 maybe, nothing below that.

trickblue

Reaction score
Avery said:
No one will be running a 4.2 on that track, especially Edwards.

A low 4.3 maybe, nothing below that.

I think Julius Jones and Tatum Bell were the only two to crack sub 4.4 last year at that track...

Champsheart

Reaction score
hockix said:
Badly Hos, after the combine, and some private shows, I don't think we will keep our smiles cause he won't last till 11th..... :(

I think you are right. No way he lasts until #11.
Fricken sucks!

MW is the only player I would be willing to trade up for with the #11 pick. The only problem is we just can not afford to give up our #2, and we have no #3.

I see know way Mike Williams becomes a Cowboy.

I would love to have him though.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Perhaps we could give up our #11 pick plus a current player or two that we'd be willing to part with?

I dunno... but Williams is a player I'd be willing to trade up for too. If he slides to 7 or 8 and Parcells thinks he's worth it, I'd love to see us jump in front of Washington and grab him.

It would be particularly nice if we could part with a player or two that is a good 4-3 player but won't neccessarily fit into a 3-4 scheme. That would be almost like moving up for free.

Bobo

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I think Julius Jones and Tatum Bell were the only two to crack sub 4.4 last year at that track...

Michael Waddell had a 4.35 average there if you're talking about any position. I'm thinking there were more, but don't know off the top of my head. It is one of the harder tracks to run fast on though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Indy is a slow track which is why most of athletes run somewhere else. Mike Williams will run at USC near sea level. Look for his pro day workout to be a big time story.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Indy is a slow track which is why most of athletes run somewhere else. Mike Williams will run at USC near sea level. Look for his pro day workout to be a big time story.

Indy's surface isn't slow. It's just not a fast surface. I think it's more indicative of a player's true speed. Plus, in Indy they time you electronically, at pro days they use the watch so times are "faster" at pro days.

I don't care what time a player gets, I just like seeing if the player has the balls to actually run at the combine. Just to see if they have that "no fear" mentality.